Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 137382

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 4th, 2010, 14:23   #81
Geo XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-designbob View Post
Oh Yeah, I did catch that thread.
Sorry you haven't had any improvements.
What's your next step?
well just off the phone with the dealer who said the latest issue is generating 2 fault codes one relating to the throttle peddle and the other relating to the fuel pump
Th dealer has cancelled the codes and tried to diagnose the issue but hasn't been able to pinpoint the issue or replicate it during tests they think one of the nodes had gone down creating a network fault but they cant tell what one so the only option open to them is to return my car and if it happens again take it straight in??????????????????????

as with my next step I honestly dont know I have started draghting a letter to volvo detailing my issues but I honestly dont know what to expect
Geo XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 15:28   #82
r-designbob
Premier Member

Blimey, you are suffering aren't you.
I suppose writing to Volvo is a good idea.
Isn't there an ombudsman or such you could see?
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 23:55   #83
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo XC60 View Post

as with my next step I honestly dont know I have started draghting a letter to volvo detailing my issues but I honestly dont know what to expect
I would suggest that you decide what outcome you want and adopt a steely determination to get that. Keep outlining the facts and why you are unhappy. Despite the lack of "Lemon Laws" you can still use the USA model to help formulate your argument.

There was a previous thread where some other UK owner was very unhappy with their XC60 and got their money back or a replacement car. My recollection is that he refused to compromise until he got what he wanted.

Commiserations with your predicament and best wishes to get a satisfactory result.

By way of contrast, I have had no problems and am still 100% happy with my XC60.
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 07:26   #84
AntApo

1,100km so far and very impressed.

'Issues' first:
- Had to get dealer to check oil service warning. Sorted out.
- No engine temperature gauge (who would trust a warning light only?).
- 'Floating' centre console a bit rough on the left leg (right hand drive - it is Australia!)
- Some wind noise around the ext. mirrors, but not that concerning.
- Satnav a bit of a letdown, doesn't appear to give street names for streets intersecting the one you are driving on.
- 6 speed Geartronic waits too long to kick up when accelerating from 5th or 6th.
- Pixellation of Satnav, 'pod' display and central gauge displays a touch crude. Volvo should have increased the resolution with the dot matrix LCDs here; it would have been worth paying the extra for this one.
- Can't adjust HVAC fan speed when the climate control is in auto mode without switching off the auto mode. I find this annoying and our previous XC90 didn't do it so I'm not sure why it was changed with the new system.
- Auto tailgate can only be closed by getting out of the car and pressing the button on the gate. Volvo: The safety nerds!
- Lumbar support on the front seats is a little too high (I'm 6'3", so it can only be worse for a shorter person).
- Auto dim rear view mirror picks up a lot of reflection from the demisting lines in the rear window at night (not good!).
- Sight lines when looking over the shoulder are poor - luckily the side mirrors are big and excellent (so much so that I wouldn't waste money on the BLIS).
- The 'drive away' price in Australia. Paid $72,500AUD for MY2010 LE D5 AWD with Teknik package (satnav, bi-xenons, Bluetooth, reverse camera, front park sensors); LE (in Aust) includes elec pass seat, sunroof (terrific!), 18" wheels with Pirelli PZeroes, rain sensor, etc. Additional options included heated seats, Sapphire Black metallic paint ($1550AUD) and lam side/rear glass. That's for the equivalent of 41,775GBP and a whopping $66,400USD. If anyone can explain the reasons why US buyers get such a great car for peanuts, I'd appreciate it. I understand it can be had for under $40,000USD.

The upside (a few, anyway, it would take too long to cover all of it):
- Brilliant handling when compared to our old XC90.
- Economy is good; new engine got 7.9L/100km on highways; 11.4L/100km urban (about 65% of the consumption of our 2.5t petrol XC90).
- Very excited about the Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod connectivity.
- Very nice leather interior in the off-black.
- Useful space internally - even storage - and we don't consider it to be that much smaller than the XC90 (although it obviously doesn't have the 6th and 7the seats).
- Excellent engine performance from the D5 (worth the $2,100AUD over the 3.2. Geartronic by Aisin silky smooth.
- Don't mind the compass in the rear view mirror and the kids love it.

Overall, the vehicle has a very surefooted and sprightly feel about it. Drove several hundred kms in appalling weather conditions last Sunday and it was just brilliant.

Highly recommended. I said to my wife when we just started looking for an XC90 replacement, that the XC60 was the perfect vehicle for us after looking at other options (including the Audi Q5).
AntApo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AntApo For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 11:17   #85
AntApo

Should have just left that as a kick up from 5th. Once it gets to 6th, it's of course go nowhere else to go, except down.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:37   #86
dodgyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntApo View Post
Should have just left that as a kick up from 5th. Once it gets to 6th, it's of course go nowhere else to go, except down.
Which dealer did you get it from? I got the standard D5 + Teknik Pack for $69000 drive away in Oct 2009. It's the 2010 model but getting an LE with Teknik for $72500 is a pretty fantastic deal. Bugger.
dodgyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 05:02   #87
AntApo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyblue View Post
Which dealer did you get it from? I got the standard D5 + Teknik Pack for $69000 drive away in Oct 2009. It's the 2010 model but getting an LE with Teknik for $72500 is a pretty fantastic deal. Bugger.
From MCV. Wife did the negotiating. She's hard as nails - glad it wasn't me.

Heated seats and lam glass added about $800-900, I think, not to mention the metallic paint. And they tinted the side and rear windows as well.

I see that they're currently doing T6's with a $4,000 rebate. Probably wouldn't have gone for that, though, and I think the $4k would chew well into any overall deal you would get out of any dealer in any case.

Still, the yanks get the cheapest cars. We were in Hawaii last year and I couldn't believe the prices they pay for locally produced or imports and compared to what we pay here for the same thing, I reckon it's pretty scandalous - even taking into account the obvious benefits with the greater volume sales over there.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 05:47   #88
dodgyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntApo View Post
From MCV. Wife did the negotiating. She's hard as nails - glad it wasn't me...
Heated seats and lam glass added about $800-900, I think, not to mention the metallic paint. And they tinted the side and rear windows as well.
My wife did the negotiating. Asked her to go eyeball the color, the comes back with a signed contract while I was at work. *sigh*.

Anyway.. i find the XC60 D5 an excellent drive.
dodgyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 08:59   #89
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgyblue View Post
Interesting if that’s £70,000 USD that nets down to about £45000 .Here in the UK with a good discount I think you would be looking at paying £35000 for that spec.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:27   #90
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Interesting if that’s £70,000 USD that nets down to about £45000 .Here in the UK with a good discount I think you would be looking at paying £35000 for that spec.
I think it is Melbourne, Australia which means it is Aussie Dollars and not US Dollars

Aus$70k = UK£39k

wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote