Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

additive

Views : 397

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2018, 00:03   #1
TIGERRYES

Default additive

Hi guys, can someone please help. Bought a Haynes manual for little future jobs and browsing through it mentions about the additive tank refilling. From the brief, vague description I can't seem to locate it. I have a s40 2.0d 2006. thanks in advance
TIGERRYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 00:37   #2
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Some models had a "wet" DPF system - there is a small tank of additive that gets injected. It lasts around 75,000 miles.

However it's possible that your 2006 2.0D does not have a DPF and therefore does not need additive. Is it auto or manual? You can tell if it has a DPF from the VIN number - I can't recall exactly how but if you search on here it is frequently posted.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 00:37   #3
andy_d
Premier Member

First thing to check , Does your car Need/have the eolys additive tank or not

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=132704

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257229

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...20&tab=manuals

have a look there

https://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/..._tp9154web.pdf owners manual in PDF format

https://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/..._tp9255web.pdf Quickstart guide in pdf format

Last edited by andy_d; Jul 12th, 2018 at 00:42.
andy_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 00:16   #4
TIGERRYES

thanks guys, still not sure, have had a good look underneath, can't seem to see anything. It's a manual Tannaton
I have the full service history but can't see any sign of it being refilled. Car has done 134k so would have needed refilling by now. Mind you it was serviced about a week before we bought it and found the air filter was awful dirty(changed it straight away) I just wondered what you actually pay for in a service these days and it was a volvo garage too
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 02:12   #5
andy_d
Premier Member

haynes do not get Everything right, there book will cover Everything, so you will find bits and things your car Doesnt have,, and you will find bits your car has that the "haynes book of lies" doesnt tell you about,

find the explanation on how to "read/decode" the Vin number of your car, there Is a character in there that will tell you
or
goto a volvo dealer, parts department, ask them how much for the additive, they Should ask you for your reg number to check the part number/find a cost,, which will let you know If you have one/dont,, and how cheap it is @ volvo , who will need to reset the counter for the tank when it is refilled anyway,,
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 09:24   #6
TIGERRYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post

find the explanation on how to "read/decode" the Vin number of your car, there Is a character in there that will tell you
I looked it up and apparently it might have one or it might not lol
Old Jul 13th, 2018, 13:29   #7
andy_d
Premier Member

goto the nearest dealer / phone them with "can i have the eolys additive please"
they will want the reg to check for you,, and will/wont sell it you if you do/dont need it,,
no need to Buy it, just check the £,,