Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Navigation Activation Code Needed

Views : 8464

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 13:43   #11
Nickb500

I don't know if this helps, but...I bought my 18 month old V60 in December 2013. Previously it was a Volvo management car and the unused tear-off slip to register for 2 free map updates was amongst the paperwork. Assuming the Volvo people hadn't bothered, and rather than post that to Holland, I registered online with the Navteq site quoting my VIN number and purchase date of the car and my application was accepted - presumably they know if a vehicle has already been registered for the free maps. I duly received my first update of the latest maps a few weeks later along with an activation code and these are working fine. My only misgiving was the fact that according to the 'rules' I should have been the first owner of the car and registered within 3 months of buying it... so I was the second owner but did register within 3 months of buying it second hand.....
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 21:08   #12
Crockers
Premier Member

My V60 was an ex demo, then bought by a guy who kept it 6 months. Then me. I registered it online too, not expecting it to be accepted. Like you it was and I got my free discs a month or two later.

Worth a punt.
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 12:45   #13
Mike Arnold
Master Member

I had a similar problem when I bought my car. I think (?) that there are two versions of the map update with slightly different Volvo part numbers. One of them is supplied by the dealer and the dealer has to give you the activation code. The other is from Navteq and you get the code from their (the Volvo/Navteq) site.

My advice is to go to the Navteq site, make a note of the Volvo part number and ensure that you buy that part number.
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 16:54   #14
jjb

Just a quick clarification needed please. I already received a code for the first set of update discs in 2012. If I buy the latest 2014 discs from fleebay, do I enter the same code? I've been told by the sellers that the code is inked to the car, not the discs. Or does it need a new code for every new installation? If so, how can it differentiate between versions if it only asks for the VIN number and an email address? Many thanks.
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 17:54   #15
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb View Post
Just a quick clarification needed please. I already received a code for the first set of update discs in 2012. If I buy the latest 2014 discs from fleebay, do I enter the same code? I've been told by the sellers that the code is inked to the car, not the discs. Or does it need a new code for every new installation? If so, how can it differentiate between versions if it only asks for the VIN number and an email address? Many thanks.
I don't think so....
If all that was required is a code to link disks to the car you'd get a free upgrade for evermore - that ain't going to happen (sadly). So the code changes yearly inline with the version of the disks.

All the palaver is because folks were selling disks on the 'bay after they'd updated their car. So now we have a complicated system to prevent 'misuse'.
TrueBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 20:10   #16
jjb

ok, but is it a case of putting my VIN number and my email address, or does it have to be the person who bought them?
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 21:49   #17
NickRno77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb View Post
ok, but is it a case of putting my VIN number and my email address, or does it have to be the person who bought them?
When you goto here and enter your VIN

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...oDRM2011-Start

It will list the map dvd sets which you're are entitled to use, so if 2014 dvd set is not listed you'll need to contact your Volvo dealer for a code, I'm going through thus hassle myself and still haven't been able to update my 2011 V60 which has 2010 maps. I'm entitled to 2012 maps 31358423 AA which I can't get because the 31358423 AA is not available to purchase from Volvo anywhere.

If you have dvd set 31358423 AA I would be happy to buy them.

Cheers
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 22:05   #18
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRno77 View Post
When you goto here and enter your VIN

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...oDRM2011-Start

It will list the map dvd sets which you're are entitled to use, so if 2014 dvd set is not listed you'll need to contact your Volvo dealer for a code, I'm going through thus hassle myself and still haven't been able to update my 2011 V60 which has 2010 maps. I'm entitled to 2012 maps 31358423 AA which I can't get because the 31358423 AA is not available to purchase from Volvo anywhere.

If you have dvd set 31358423 AA I would be happy to buy them.

Cheers
This was the first update set that I got for my 2012MY S80 - just checked in the study and I still have them!

If you want to PM me we can sort out getting them through to you.

Steve.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 22:07   #19
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Thinking about it, this set was quite painful to load - the drive struggled to see each of the disks for quite a while after inserting them, so much so that I had the garage check the optical drive for a fault. Turns out that most others seemed to have the same problem, yet the set that came through a year later were much improved - I guess that they must have changed the media or burner they were using.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2014, 22:27   #20
NickRno77

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
Thinking about it, this set was quite painful to load - the drive struggled to see each of the disks for quite a while after inserting them, so much so that I had the garage check the optical drive for a fault. Turns out that most others seemed to have the same problem, yet the set that came through a year later were much improved - I guess that they must have changed the media or burner they were using.
I don't mind giving them a go, I can't PM as I need to have had 50 posts. Can you PM me?

Cheers