Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 D5 2006 after remap

Views : 7361

Replies : 122

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2020, 13:01   #71
rockfordbass

Right, nightmare, company who's doing testing on this has said, k line data pin is damaged in the ecu, they think map didn't go on correctly but unable to put new map on, they can read but not write due to damage, only way is now is to open up ecu to the board and try off the chip but said its very risky due to the seal, so I can't risk having a broken ecu so going to just get car back and not bother trying to fix it
Sad day
rockfordbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2020, 13:20   #72
rockfordbass

Is there any way of cloning a ecu without using volvo
Old Jun 6th, 2020, 15:06   #73
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

Just open the ECU. It literally screws on, I've seen a tuner do this millions of times with no issue
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2020, 22:04   #74
rockfordbass

So the picture they showed me, they tried to read ecu off the pins, but couldn't so they took top off ecu and tried from the pins inside the ecu still couldn't, only possible way is to prise board off silicone seal and come off chip itself which he's said is very risky on damaging board, getting in touch with a master tech from Volvo on Monday to see if anything else is possible, it looks like guy who did remap from start May have shorted out k line pins in which damaged ecu from ever reading it again, but update on volvo guy coming
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 11:15   #75
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordbass View Post
So the picture they showed me, they tried to read ecu off the pins, but couldn't so they took top off ecu and tried from the pins inside the ecu still couldn't, only possible way is to prise board off silicone seal and come off chip itself which he's said is very risky on damaging board, getting in touch with a master tech from Volvo on Monday to see if anything else is possible, it looks like guy who did remap from start May have shorted out k line pins in which damaged ecu from ever reading it again, but update on volvo guy coming
volvo personnel can't do anything other than load a new ECU with it's original software , immobiliser codes etc or do a volvo software upgrade if one is available . Every step is monitored by volvo and a log is kept of who did it , where they did it and when they did it ...
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 10:56   #76
rockfordbass

Right so ecu has definitely had a remap it's got quantum on it, celtic has read it and confirmed, master tech from Volvo looking at car next week hopefully, possible cause for these cars is vein on turbo or actuator solenoid problems so turbo not going into full boost, but will keep updating on this, just want it sorted arghhhhh
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 11:07   #77
davebb
Premier Member

Hi to use the k line on the ecu to program the ecu needs to be put in to boot mode.
That is why they open it and do it on the
Bench
It can be programed using can bus if the tuner has the correct software /hardware
Also if the map file did not fully load the
Car would not run,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 11:09   #78
davebb
Premier Member

Hi to use the k line on the ecu to program the ecu needs to be put in to boot mode.
That is why they open it and do it on the
Bench
It can be programed using can bus OBD port if the tuner has the correct software /hardware
Also if the map file did not fully load the
Car would not run,
Dave
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 11:24   #79
camturbo

Glad your beginning to hopefully pin down the problem,I did suggest the turbo vanes and actuator on page 4. Keep us updated and hope you get it sorted.
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 17:27   #80
davebb
Premier Member

Hi now you Know quantum have remapped it once,
I would contact them and ask for the original File,
Dave