Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - New Owner!

Views : 1071

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2021, 10:09   #1
mrshinobi

Default XC60 - New Owner!

Hi - took the leap and recently bought a XC60 D4 AWD, 2018 version.

Had a few questions, which I thought people on this forum might be able to help with:

1) If I leave the car and walk away (but forget to lock it with the key), I would have expected it to autolock after a minute or so. This doesn't seem to happen - it just remains unlocked. Is that the way it is supposed to work (would be surprised) or am I missing something?

2) When I get into the car, my phone automatically links up to the Bluetooth. However, if I try and use Spotify, or any of the apps, it just says 'Connecting'. Seems to connect to the phone (which works - I can receive calls etc) - but haven't figured out the Spotify yet...

3) Is there a voice-activated way of doing things? eg "Play Radio 1", or "Connect to Spotify".

4) Finally, can you set seat settings for specific drivers?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!
mrshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 10:29   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshinobi View Post

Had a few questions, which I thought people on this forum might be able to help with:

1) If I leave the car and walk away (but forget to lock it with the key), I would have expected it to autolock after a minute or so. This doesn't seem to happen - it just remains unlocked. Is that the way it is supposed to work (would be surprised) or am I missing something?

2) When I get into the car, my phone automatically links up to the Bluetooth. However, if I try and use Spotify, or any of the apps, it just says 'Connecting'. Seems to connect to the phone (which works - I can receive calls etc) - but haven't figured out the Spotify yet...

3) Is there a voice-activated way of doing things? eg "Play Radio 1", or "Connect to Spotify".

1/ yes, thats the way it works, it will tell you after about 20 minutes via VOC app on your phone if you have not locked it and you can lock it from your phone, if you have VOC.

2/ never use it so don't know.

3/ yes you can control media via voice.

4/ yes set seats and mirrors and save settings to individual key profiles,

the manual tells you how.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 10:44   #3
bornmiddleaged
:-)

Quote:
Welcome to the forum.
Quote:

Expected behaviour. The only time it would autolock was if you unlocked with the key but didn't actually open the car within a specified length of time (seems about a minute). Once you've unlocked and got in the car, it will not autolock again.
Quote:
You will need to either allow bluetooth internet sharing (this is in the Hotspot settings on my Android phone. Does not need the Hotspot enabled all the time). Or, get a data only SIM from the likes of Vodafone or 3.
Quote:
Yes, press the voice recog. button on the steering wheel (picture of a head) and speak. There is a list of the commands in the manual somewhere.
Quote:
I believe so, as long as each driver is using a different key. It's only me driving mine so I haven't looked into this.
Quote:
Hope that helps. Don't forget the manual can be read in the car via the main touchscreen or available here:
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...s/xc60/2017w46
Old Jan 12th, 2021, 14:58   #4
mrshinobi

Thanks for your replies - will give that a go!

Cheers
mrshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 12:07   #5
xsaab
Master Member

Download the manual and put it on a tablet - I use the Book function on the iPad. It is much easier to read amd search than using the manual in the car.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 09:09   #6
jonnyu

Quote:

Since nobody else answered this one:
You have to define in your phone settings to allow the sharing of the internet (personal hotspot settings).
Once you are connected to the internet, you will see traffic information in the GPS maps for example and in the top left corner, you will see a globe icon.
Then, to use Spotify from Volvo (not your phone) you need to have a premium license and login with that license. You cannot use the Spotify App from Volvo if you are using a free Spotify license.
You can always use Spotify from your phone using Android car or Apple car but that will imply that you connect your phone by cable and not by Bluetooth.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 12:43   #7
encroute

Quote:
If you are using an Android phone, you can set up a Macro App - I use MacroDroid - and when it sees the Car's Bluetooth, it automatically switches on my HotSpot, and when it loses the BT connection, switches the HotSpot off again.

Makes the connection seamless.

I have Unlimited Data/sharing (in the UK), so it can process most of the updates (inc. the N Europe Map updates) in the background.

It does hit the phone's battery on update days - but the Wireless charger module from AliExpress will help that... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001348149147.html
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote