Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Imported Volvos

Views : 2602

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:27   #21
Driver09

Is that it? Nowt too serious then thanks for that.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 00:39   #22
Danf44

Default In progress.

Sorry HankScorpio,

I've just seen your message on whether I bought it. I am still waiting for the log book to turn up and a few things to be done before I pick up. The log book seems to be taking ages with the DVLA and I believe the lockdown is what they are claiming is stifling the process....... how is yours at the moment?
Danf44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 11:43   #23
HankScorpio
Floppy member

Stationary
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HankScorpio For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 13:30   #24
Alan Wilson

Default Xc70 t5

A thread very much close to my heart at the moment. I have owned several Volvos now, and why buy something else? (although i also have a z4)

My last XC70, a 2005 D5 Auto, had 214000 miles and I sold it 2 weeks ago for a good price, the buyer commented on its overall cared for and good condition and how it drove. It needed most of the bushes on suspension and a few minor things.

I loved the car, and decided to buy the lowest mileage example I could afford, and it happens that I just purchased a stunningly beautiful white 2007 old shape XC70 T5 auto with 110,000km / 69,000 miles.

Its a stunning like new drive, this has the adaptive suspension, and headlights, and I think I would like to live in it.

The car was also presented with two leather wallets complete with service history/inspections, cambelt change and all the pristine literature(Japanese) on the audio/visual side.

I had never purchased an import, and many of the questions I had which the dealer did not answer, have been answered by reading the threads, In particular the messages screen which the dealer has (black taped over as it reads in Japanese) I understand this can be changed to read in English.
The speedo dial was changed from KMH to MPH by the dealer.

The car is fitted with so much tech, Pioneer Raku Navi DVD /TV /Sat Nav/ Pop Up Screen/MP3 and most of it appears useless.

Does any member know, if there are direct replacements for these Japanese units, my previous XC70 had aftermarket head unit with ApppleCarplay and was so convenient.

I live on a farm and the only downside, is my wife's C30 and my new XC70 are both white and heavenly for all the visiting flies.... I need a cover!!
Alan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote