Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Autodoc, parcel missing in action.....

Views : 5204

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2021, 23:35   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default Autodoc, parcel missing in action.....

One is not a happy bunny but so glad it wasn't an expensive order, just checked on the tracking this morning and it now says

Quote:
Consignment not found: 103225164232
I have just emailed them requesting a refund, what are my chances with them?
Not a big deal if they dont as
I am glad I ordered them again from elsewhere as a precaution, i will never use Autodoc again, just wish i had realised where they were in the 1st place lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 23:53   #2
Joseph Martin
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
One is not a happy bunny but so glad it wasn't an expensive order, just checked on the tracking this morning and it now says

I am glad I ordered them again from elsewhere as a precaution, i will never use Autodoc again, just wish i had realised where they were in the 1st place lol
I ordered from them for the first time in November and it all went smoothly - I live on a Scottish Island and the parcel came ok. As it was over £150 postage was free.

I wonder if it is due to the uncertainty of trade at present. I've seen a similar post about Skandix and have also been told by a friend of mine that postage charges have been added on, so could just be due to the current climate.

Autodoc are a large company and sell a huge range of things for most makes, from budget to OE. I think you'll be potentially ok in getting a refund, or at least something from the customer service side.

Best of luck with it.
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph Martin For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 00:27   #3
b1mcp

I ordered from Autodoc a couple of years ago, making the same mistake as you. I had an email from them about credit card verification that raised suspicions with me and then I did some digging on TrustPilot etc. I immediately cancelled the order before it was marked as dispatched.

I used a carefully crafted email (info on their site) but still took 10 days and large number of emails to actually get money back.

It's a shame really as their parts range is huge (although I suspect not real) and is not something offered by anyone else to the UK market. If they had a genuine customer focused business model rather than a scammer attitude they could make a killing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b1mcp For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 00:51   #4
paddy74

Don't worry, it will most likely arrive. My guess would be on a "not up-to-date" tracking system...

Autodoc is well known for sending slow, or wrong parts (as in you ordered Febi and get their own brand) or sometimes just the wrong order, but missing packages are rare. And if the package really got lost, you will get your money back, but you shouldn't count on getting it during the next 14 days...

I had a similar experience, look here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...2&postcount=65

Someone already made a thread for Autodoc...
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=311007

And btw in the german forums like motor-talk.de the complaints aren't any quieter, so it's not a problem with the UK, it's just them and their business model...

If I'd be allowed to take a guess, I'd say they don't have all parts available and sometimes order just-in-time after you placed your order (and paid...). Leaves the cash flow in better shape for the investors. But that's just a guess. It could very well be, if their announced sales figures are correct, that they just growed to fast in the last years and couldn't hold up to their own pace.
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:19   #5
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post

You have the proof there that the item is AWOL, assuming you paid by debit/credit card you can use that to request a charge-back if they're not forthcoming with a refund.

If it was £100 or over on a credit card, Section 75 of the Financial Services Act (i think that's what it's called) applies and the credit card company will refund you - they might take their time investigating it but you will get a refund and if buying the replacement causes you any charges (e.g. over limit, late payment or whatever) as a result, you normally get those refunded too. Do a search for "Section 75" and you should find the in's and out's of it all.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:32   #6
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
You have the proof there that the item is AWOL, assuming you paid by debit/credit card you can use that to request a charge-back if they're not forthcoming with a refund.

If it was £100 or over on a credit card, Section 75 of the Financial Services Act (i think that's what it's called) applies and the credit card company will refund you - they might take their time investigating it but you will get a refund and if buying the replacement causes you any charges (e.g. over limit, late payment or whatever) as a result, you normally get those refunded too. Do a search for "Section 75" and you should find the in's and out's of it all.
Autodoc is not known for not refunding the money. They usually take their 14 days, but you will get it. I really wouldn't worry about that too much. My guess, the package will show up in four or five days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 01:52   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Autodoc is not known for not refunding the money. They usually take their 14 days, but you will get it. I really wouldn't worry about that too much. My guess, the package will show up in four or five days.
I was just outlining a back-up plan for the worst case scenario.

Never had a problem with Autodoc myself, what they've sold me has turned up when it should but like others have commented, their stock seems to either take longer than it should to be despatched or there are low/nil levels when you want to order.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:47   #8
paddy74

I'm sorry, this wasn't meant to be disrespectful in any way! I just wanted to asure Baschy, that he shouldn't worry too much about a refund! Sorry if it cam off another way.
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 07:45   #9
myfirstv70

I've used them a few times....my only criticism is the stuff takes an age to arrive which was a problem the first time as I hadn't factored it into my plans but once you know it's ok. Prices and range are good in my opinion. I think they are based in Germany so any problems should get sorted.....
myfirstv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to myfirstv70 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 08:45   #10
eternal optimist
Master Member

Never had a problem with them in terms of failure to deliver the bits or brands I’ve ordered. I’ve also never used them (or Skandix for that matter) where I’ve needed stuff urgently.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post: