Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Map Update problem

Views : 34003

Replies : 163

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 6th, 2020, 15:47   #71
Supra Edd

ive always had the car serviced by a volvo main dealer.

Interestingly whilst my Sensus nav is in this strange limbo. I can no longer play MP3's from USB either. its like the system is waiting for 'USB 1' and wont do anything else until it has it!

Sadly there is nothing on google about it apart from 2 conversations in this forum. both other users who have had the exact same problem as me, are no longer active so I can't contact them to see if they ever got it resolved
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 08:08   #72
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

I had the same problem .....twice. The first time it was solved by reformatting the USB, but NOT FAT32.
The second time nothing worked so I took it to the local Service Partner who fixed it.
Another flaky Volvo system.Not a computer geek, but why do we have to download the whole map? Why not just the updates? But as usual "Volvo knows best"
I will live with the maps as they are now rather than go through all that again
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 10:28   #73
Supra Edd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdalebear View Post
I had the same problem .....twice. The first time it was solved by reformatting the USB, but NOT FAT32.
The second time nothing worked so I took it to the local Service Partner who fixed it.
Another flaky Volvo system.Not a computer geek, but why do we have to download the whole map? Why not just the updates? But as usual "Volvo knows best"
I will live with the maps as they are now rather than go through all that again
Oh thats really interesting to know thanks. I don't suppose you have any clue as to what the service partner did to fix it do you?

Thanks,
Edd...
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 11:33   #74
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra Edd View Post
Oh thats really interesting to know thanks. I don't suppose you have any clue as to what the service partner did to fix it do you?

Thanks,
Edd...
Hi. He struggled with my USB and ended up using their own USB. Inserted it in to the car confirmed that it had started to install and told me to bring it back when it had finished. It took a long time and many exits to fully load.
The strange thing about all of this is that I used my USB that had worked the last time. I just think that the procedure/hardware/software is unstable and needs sorting out.

This was my first experience,https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296780
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 11:42   #75
Supra Edd

Nice one thanks, I hadnt seen your post before. doesnt seem to be many of us that get the 'USB 1' message!

Well, the car is with volvo now, so will see what happens when they call me later. and if now, will be following those instructions, although am pretty sure thats what ive been doing already.

Edd...
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 06:52   #76
Supra Edd

Latest update. Volvo were still un-able to fix. But want the car back in so that they can try a donor sensus unit in my car to see if the problem still persists.

Once thought, has anyone got an older version of the maps on a USB somewhere? A version of Europe pre 32319053? 2014 version.
Old Jul 9th, 2020, 13:56   #77
bill dee

Default updating sensus sat nav

Quote:
Nice one thanks, I hadnt seen your post before. doesnt seem to be many of us that get the 'USB 1' message!

Well, the car is with volvo now, so will see what happens when they call me later. and if now, will be following those instructions, although am pretty sure thats what ive been doing already.

Edd...
I have been trying to update my sensus sat nav for a week and have had most of the problems mentioned above. Including, this morning, the USB1 message. Then my satnav screen went completely blank, although it would display other functions, ie Radio. After a few re-starts of the engine and driving around for about half an hour, then re-starting the engine the screen displayed the message - Navigation Starting Up - but stayed like that for ages without changing. So no sat nav. Due to take the car into my local Volvo dealer for it's MoT tomorrow and thought of asking if the everything could be restored but after reading everyone's comments about dealerships, not so sure. Any suggestions?
2014 V40 R-Design Lux Nav D4
bill dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2020, 14:10   #78
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dee View Post
I have been trying to update my sensus sat nav for a week and have had most of the problems mentioned above. Including, this morning, the USB1 message. Then my satnav screen went completely blank, although it would display other functions, ie Radio. After a few re-starts of the engine and driving around for about half an hour, then re-starting the engine the screen displayed the message - Navigation Starting Up - but stayed like that for ages without changing. So no sat nav. Due to take the car into my local Volvo dealer for it's MoT tomorrow and thought of asking if the everything could be restored but after reading everyone's comments about dealerships, not so sure. Any suggestions?
I guess it doesn't hurt to ask and in my experience the staff at the Shrewsbury dealership are excellent and always bend over backwards to help.

Personally I'd try leaving the car overnight with the battery disconnected, just to see if the system boots up properly when reconnected.
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 06:14   #79
Supra Edd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dee View Post
That is exactly what I had, with the black screen first, and now just saying nav starting up etc. and USB1.

And like me, I bet you verified the download on the USB stick and everything. (one of my dealers comments was that it must be my stick that broke the system! I dont think so somehow!)

Twice we have now left the battery disconnected, for around 12 hours. Then tried again and no luck.

Let me know if your dealer manages to rectify the issue.
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 15:37   #80
bill dee

Quote:
That is exactly what I had, with the black screen first, and now just saying nav starting up etc. and USB1.

And like me, I bet you verified the download on the USB stick and everything. (one of my dealers comments was that it must be my stick that broke the system! I dont think so somehow!)

Twice we have now left the battery disconnected, for around 12 hours. Then tried again and no luck.

Let me know if your dealer manages to rectify the issue.
Hi Suppra Edd, I tried answering your private message but it it was blocked. Anyway, I had a Black Friday experience - took the car in for MoT, having checked everything was working etc, then had a low tyre pressure warning on the way; stopped and pumped the tyre up; car failed its MoT because of a nail in the tyre, and also a suspension coil spring had snapped (must have been on my way to the garage). Oh, the Sensus navigation system problem - there's a nice lady at the service reception says she will get it resolved - I am waiting in hope for the car to be sorted today - including sat-nav
bill dee is offline   Reply With Quote