Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted - Cheap Phase 1 T4

Views : 3517

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2009, 21:52   #11
Baffler
Premier Member

Good to hear that

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 22:46   #12
Enigma666
Master Member

Awesome news mate Glad it all worked out well for you......now where did I put that GT2871? lol
Enigma666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:58   #13
mutant

I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid but there seems to be a slight lack of power. It's not hesitating at all, and can still feel decent boost at about 4k, it's certainly not slow but it just doesn't seem quite as punchy as it was. I'd have thought if I'd caught any valves or anything it wouldn't be running smoothly, and I haven't noticed any misfires or anything. Any ideas what this could be?
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:25   #14
Enigma666
Master Member

Possibly a small boost leak mate?
Make sure all hoses are good, just whip em off one at a time and check for small tears or cracks in them, do you have a boost guage fitted? That would certainly help
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 09:29   #15
mutant

No, been thinking about getting one, they hard to fit? Possibly a job for the weekend. Definately not losing too much boost if it is, just not pulling me back in my seat as much as it was (or doesn't seem to be). Watching loads of fast volvo vids while it was off the road probably didn't help
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:31   #16
Enigma666
Master Member

Not hard at all mate....take a tap off a pipe, run it through the bulkhead into the cabin (there is a convenient grommet behind the drivers side footwell carpet), run the piping to the guage and done, I got mine from R-Spec and it's electronic rather than mechanical so it has wiring rather that hose up the side of the A-Pillar but the theory is the same.
Word of advice though...the nylon tubing you get with them is a right bastard, I got some silicon vacuum tubing as it is more pliable to fit onto the T-pieces etc.
I'll pm you a link to a site that is all about the S/V40 and there are plenty of guides in there on how to do it Took me over all about an hour to do including the wiring and this was at 9pm in the rain lol

One more word of advice, there is no direct fit A-Pillar mounting pods for the S40, either a universal one needs to be cut down to fit then attached to the pillar or you can use mounting pods and attach to the dash etc...the choice is yours as to where you put it. I was thinking of moving mine to an air vent and just using a hole cutter to fir it
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:40   #17
mutant

I've seen the how tos on s40concepts but it said it was more tricky doing it into a right hand drive. Was going to stick it in drivers side air vent, will get one on friday and give it a go over the weekend.
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 11:51   #18
Enigma666
Master Member

Yeah just ignore the yanks, they think everything is complicated on rhd cars lol

Straight forward to do mate, hardest part is keeping it clean and tidy on the install

Good luck, any issue gimme a shout and I will take pics of where mine routes etc
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 12:21   #19
mutant

Nice one cheers, if you've got a pic of the hose I have to splice for it that'd be great, my car knowledge aint exactly A+
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 12:44   #20
Enigma666
Master Member

I'll try and nab you a piccy tonight when I get home (not in the 40 at the mo) it's not really advisable to splice if you can avoid it, just add a length of hose independently so you can revert to stock whenever the mood takes you