Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 diesel vacum pump

Views : 1074

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2013, 22:12   #1
jpliddy
VOC Member

Default 940 diesel vacum pump

hi all
my vacuum pump is getting really nosey now 210000 miles now can i still get peiburg pump for my car
jpliddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 19:42   #2
John97Tdi
Master Member

Hi
when I needed a new vac pump for my V70tdi I got one from Skandix in Germany. This page might have the vac pump for your 940. http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts...ke-system/543/

Cheers

John
John97Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John97Tdi For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 07:55   #3
peter burton

Default Smoking exhaust also

I hardly use my 945 tic nowdays,recently head clutch replaced,brake abs sensor,just about to do yearly oil change,brakes grease etc.Great car very strong and simple to work on.My exhaust permenantley black/sooty.Leaves a mist smoke on acceleration I am not sure if turbo bearings letting by a bit,plenty of power still when turbo spools up,maybe valve stem seals.I have fuel cleaner to fill new fuel filter and try at service and 10w60 fully synthetic oil to try.I will be very interested if you can get the correct vacuum pump and it works.I would think a new pushrod bit would be needed also?I am debating how much to spend on my car with 197000 miles as vacuum pump and turbo not cheap.I do not know how original injectors still going too.Have read people take apart pump to clean with bit of success.I believe it is broken spring/worn connecting rod which makes the noise.Camshaft snapping is end result so rocker cover off to check pump lobe?
peter burton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter burton For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 20:22   #4
jpliddy
VOC Member

Default 940 tdi auto 1995

hi peter
I'm on 210000 now . 160000 driven by me what do i look for in wear when cam cover off . if cam snaps don't really know what to go for . had this car so long now. whats the best older v70 d5 year as I've read horror stories about D. P. FILTERS ? just had my starter motor taken off and cleaned out . oriental one . it was sticking when cold making a grinding noise then it went off so far so good .
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 20:39   #5
jpliddy
VOC Member

Default 940 tdi auto 1995

hi jon 97 tdi
the pump is still available from spandex thanks . but 259 euros plus post i will see how it goes for now . i wish there was a cheaper one on ebay
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 01:49   #6
Laney760
VOC Member

£435.27 Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIERBURG-v...item2c6c28c932

Second hand one £28.95 which you could maybe cobble one good one from two?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-940-...item41705a8605

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 20:19   #7
pentacarSKF

Default vac pump noise

Hi I thought my experience with the vac pump on my 850 tdi might be useful I don`t know how similar they might be but as they are both vag sourced engines hopefully not too different. The length of the drive pin is a factor you can check with a decent caliper gauge I found the dimensions for the d5252 pump via an online supplier for the pump. But what proved more effective was dismantling the pump cleaning out all the old oil while carefully noting the location and orientation of the numerous little one way valves found inside and re building with new o rings as replacements for the original seals, you mite also need a tube of silicon gasket for some of the main plates. A large part of the reason for the knocking noise is the diaphragm not returning quickly enough to keep pace with the lobe on the cam so it "jumps" off the tip despite the strong spring, this happens when pressure and vacuum get out of balance inside the pump due to those little valves leaking lubrication oil in to the wrong places. I did this about 1500 miles ago to mine and it`s still nice and quiet. I hope this is relevant and useful good luck and happy volvoing. Oh and try this item on e-bay 291016874299

Last edited by pentacarSKF; Dec 4th, 2013 at 20:31. Reason: new info
pentacarSKF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pentacarSKF For This Useful Post: