Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG option for S40?

Views : 3003

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2016, 12:01   #21
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I'll quote Felix Dennis:

If it Floats, Flies or Fornicates... Rent it.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 4th, 2016 at 12:08.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2016, 12:33   #22
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Before this thread degrades to a 'Bitter and Twisted' Volvo Owners convention, the core of thsi is thus:

Unload both cars for your £9000 (£4500 + 4500) and buy a £1500 low miler with under 90,000 on it, and use the £7500 now in the bank to pay off your mortgage and other debts. If need be, shovel the odd £500 into repairs. , Two years hence. you''ll likely be at least £8000 up on the deal. If it goes to plan, likley more 'cos you've got a lower mortgage and your memories (for memories is what life is really about). This because you're spending the money where you're left with somethign to show for it.
And far be it from me, for I may be overstepping the mark here???... but I'll warrant that'll be how your fatehr would rather you did things. ie: Opt to fuel only you and your families greater happiness. Whetehr waving your willy or mine, depreciating car(s) don't do that.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 4th, 2016 at 14:36.
Old Feb 4th, 2016, 13:33   #23
4candles
I've Been Banned

+1 on all of the above, i bought a *Mint condition* 2004 XC70 on 64k for £3600, it had 13 Volvo stamps in the book and had considered it a keeper.
I toyed with the notion of converting it to gas, but even without using a calculator and potentially fitting a kit myself the economics of it just didn't stack up, so i sold it for a £700 profit as i thought it would be too much money in when it was still likely to depreciate substantially.
I'm actively seeking an older model already converted, preferably an aftermarket converted one.

For me i may go as high as £1500 but no more, i'll not lose much over 2 or three years.

All this because i hate DERVs. (Diesel engined road vehicles).

Last edited by 4candles; Feb 4th, 2016 at 13:44.
4candles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2016, 14:02   #24
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Yup, as long as you don't force yourself into buying in any hurry, you'll pick-up a decent low miler with £1200 of conversion fitted. Pay a little extra for a low miles over age, and you'll be unlikey to get into the aggro of those rads and clutches.

At £1500 you'll not need to look at anytihing over 90,000 miles, I would hope less. The sweet-spot for buying Volvos. If you wait. A car liek that can't depreciate much more yet the miles left in it; assuming average miles; will likely keep you on the road for the next decade. Yet if it only does five years, you're still yomping home compared to almost anyone else on the road.

Whereas that XC70 leaves you in the same palce as the OP. Trashing moeny jsut letting it sit there. Before any conversion makes you hold onto an already dubious situation.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 4th, 2016 at 14:39.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2016, 14:34   #25
volvoid
Monster Raving Loony

nah, spend the left over 8 grand on holidays, booze, scoff, renting that boat/plane, anything that cant be taken off you once youve had it.
Old Feb 4th, 2016, 16:45   #26
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Isn't that what I said? So agreed, memories. Not some peice of metal fading away before you, unless of course unlike me, you can truly afford such a luxury. Clearly you can't. Because if you could, you'd not have asked.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 4th, 2016 at 16:48.