Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Headlight Washer Nozzle

Views : 6047

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2012, 23:08   #1
MikeA

Default XC90 Headlight Washer Nozzle

Last year I lost both headlight washer covers during the cold snap. I ordered new ones from the dealer after reading on here that it was quite a common problem. However, when I went to fit them I couldn't see how to attach them. I put off sorting it out but I think I will have to get them sorted for the new tougher MOT, mine runs out at the beginning of March.

I rang the dealer last week and mentioned that there was nowhere to attach the caps to and was told that he'd never come across that before but if it was the case I'd need two complete units, I forget the cost but it was 400 quid plus.

It looks as though the washer nozzle has disappeared along with the covers, from what the dealer is saying there's no such part for my 2006 (newer model). I can see the part for the older model on a US site here

Does anyone know if a similar part is available for the newer model?

I've included a (poor) photo of what I have left for what it's worth

BTW is this a fail with the new MOT rules?

Any help appreciated

MikeA
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 01:12   #2
gmonag
Premier Member

The nozzles push and click into the end of the pipes on the picture. The covers attach to the nozzles, so if you lose the nozzles the covers are gone too. The nozzles and covers are available separately (the covers come unpainted so you will need a can of colour and clear laquer). If the ends of the washer pipes are damaged the nozzles might not reamain attached so you will need to obtain complete units.
To fit the nozzles, pull the pipe out (it is on quite a strong spring), hold it out with a pair of mole grips or similar and push in the nozzle until it clicks. Then attach the cover and adjust the amount the nozzle is pushed in (there are about 6-8 clicks) to get a close fit between the cover and bumper when retracted.

Greg
gmonag is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gmonag For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 10:19   #3
CherokeeDriver

This has to be the crappiest design ever. I've lost a set already, and had to replace both the cover and the pipework.
CherokeeDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 13:40   #4
MikeA

Greg, thanks for the advice, good to hear I shouldn't have to replace the whole units, I'll get back on to the dealer.

CD - agreed, well that, the minidisk, alarm that wakes me at 3am and the soot regeneration issue which cost me last month Still think it's the best car I've owned though but at 6 years with 88K on the clock, I'm wondering whether I should stick or twist.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 14:23   #5
docjd

Unhappy

agreed with poor design -last cover was lost on the m1 somewhere!-paint job was easy as its only a little area!
docjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2017, 17:05   #6
Ollybee

Excellent. Got one of ebay and sprayed it. And using this feed fitted it in matter of seconds. Thanks Guys.
Ollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ollybee For This Useful Post: