Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Caller ID on Bluetooth

Views : 1040

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 13:15   #1
Radar
I've Been Banned

Default Caller ID on Bluetooth

I have a question concerning the Bluetooth caller ID function on my MY2009 S80 2.0D SE. I'm using a Nokia N95-8GB and, generally, it works very well. However, due to compatibility issues already mentioned on Volvo's website, the N95 phone book has to be copied over from the phone to the car. This transferred OK and I'm able to access my contacts from the wheel and call them. However, whenever I receive a call, the information display only shows the number of the caller, not their name, even though they are in the phone book. I presume that I have the most recent Bluetooth software version as the car was bought in January.

Am I missing something or is this another compatibility issue?
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 15:33   #2
Dave Brown

Hi Radar,

this is quite awkward to explain so bear with me,

The phone and the car, recognise numbers differently,
Its to do with prefix codes such as +44 .
so if you have my number in as 012XX and mobile as 0793X fine, if say a mobile number is stored in the phone as +4493X the car wont recognise it and display 0793X as its a different format.
mobile usually store numbers in the international format unless told otherwise
Solution?
Check all your numbers start with a 0 and should resolve it,

Hope this helps and now I know I've got to much rubbish floating round my head so I'm off to the pub

Dave

Dave Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 17:32   #3
Radar
I've Been Banned

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I hadn't thought of that - it makes a lot of sense now. Unfortunately, I travel abroad a lot and will have a new set of problems if I remove the international element from my phone contacts! Ah well, can't have it all. Pity, though, as it's a feature that I miss.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 17:45   #4
rick250561
VOC Member

You could always copy the numbers, say have one set on the phone and one set on the sim, then switch between the 2 as you change countries.

Although not sure if that option is available on a N95, although with it being a smart phone it should allow multiple numbers for contacts. Failing that with 8 gig of memory you could duplicate them.
rick250561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 17:51   #5
Radar
I've Been Banned

Hmm. More food for thought there OK. Will have a play about this evening and try out a few things. Thanks for your help, guys. Was about to give up on that one!
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 09:46   #6
Radar
I've Been Banned

Just to update, I tried adding extra 'local' numbers to each contact on my phone (yes, the N95 supports this) and copied the contacts to the car again. Everything works fine now. It does mean multiple entries in the car phonebook but that's no big deal. Cheers all. Happy camper.
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 10:17   #7
rick250561
VOC Member

Glad it worked for you
rick250561 is offline   Reply With Quote