Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lights not flashing when you set the alarm

Views : 7127

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:24   #1
V70 Owner

Default Lights not flashing when you set the alarm

Hi All,

I am new here and have a slight problem with my V70 D5 facelift version on a 54 plate. When I purchased the car about 6 weeks ago the lights would not flash when you set the alarm but would flash twice when the alarm was unset. The dealer said no problem it is just an adjustment and we will sort it,which they did. It has been working fine until I replaced the battery and now it has gone back to not flashing when you set the alarm and flashing twice when you unset it.

Has anybody heard of this before and if so how do I adjust it to flash when I set the alarm.

I forgot to mention the alarm is setting correctly and the red LED is flashing to tell me the alarm is set and working. This problem is more annoying than anything else and if possible I would like to cure this without going to the Volvo dealership.

Thanks for reading,

V70 Owner.
V70 Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:29   #2
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70 Owner View Post
Hi All,

I am new here and have a slight problem with my V70 D5 facelift version on a 54 plate. When I purchased the car about 6 weeks ago the lights would not flash when you set the alarm but would flash twice when the alarm was unset. The dealer said no problem it is just an adjustment and we will sort it,which they did. It has been working fine until I replaced the battery and now it has gone back to not flashing when you set the alarm and flashing twice when you unset it.

Has anybody heard of this before and if so how do I adjust it to flash when I set the alarm.

I forgot to mention the alarm is setting correctly and the red LED is flashing to tell me the alarm is set and working. This problem is more annoying than anything else and if possible I would like to cure this without going to the Volvo dealership.

Thanks for reading,

V70 Owner.
By battery, do you mean you changed the cars battery? If so, and I'm not taking the pish, is the bonnet shut correctly? The lights not flashing when you lock the car indicate that something is still open.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:36   #3
V70 Owner

By battery, do you mean you changed the cars battery? If so, and I'm not taking the pish, is the bonnet shut correctly? The lights not flashing when you lock the car indicate that something is still open.

Hi, yes the bonnet is shut properly. Can you think of any other reason this might happen?
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:39   #4
Nunchukhamster
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70 Owner View Post
Hi, yes the bonnet is shut properly. Can you think of any other reason this might happen?
Microswitch inside one of the locks was another favourite on the earlier cars, particularly the boot lock.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:52   #5
V70 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster View Post
Microswitch inside one of the locks was another favourite on the earlier cars, particularly the boot lock.
How would I check to see if it is a microswitch? Sorry to sound dense I am new to to this.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:52   #6
dave4542
VOC Member

Hi V70 and welcome.

I have a V50 and have just changed the settings.......i'm not sure if you can do yours the same.....but here goes.....in the centre consul push the menu button and then scrol down to settings (i think)....push enter button and scroll down to alarm settings..........you then get several options....when you get to the setting you wish press enter......and that's it........i am going by memory but hopefully not too in correct......hope that helps.

Dave
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 18:58   #7
V70 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4542 View Post
Hi V70 and welcome.

I have a V50 and have just changed the settings.......i'm not sure if you can do yours the same.....but here goes.....in the centre consul push the menu button and then scrol down to settings (i think)....push enter button and scroll down to alarm settings..........you then get several options....when you get to the setting you wish press enter......and that's it........i am going by memory but hopefully not too in correct......hope that helps.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, I will try to see if I can change the settings for the alarm from the centre consul. Lets hope the fix will be that easy.

V70 Owner.
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 19:00   #8
tingy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4542 View Post
Hi V70 and welcome.

Dave

i think you are referring to the menu in the newer model dash

<-this 1

as that menu is only available in the new shape P3 v70 and wont work in the older cars like this 1;

Last edited by tingy; Nov 19th, 2008 at 19:05.
tingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 19:02   #9
dave4542
VOC Member

Thingy ...you could well be right.......like i say wasn't sure of the model differences.

All the best

Dave
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 16:01   #10
glider

Default Lights not flashing when alarm set.

V70 owner- my S60 does this if the bonnet is not completely locked ON BOTH SIDES. Check by trying to lift the bonnet on each side, just above the headlamp. There are two hooks holding the bonnet shut. It sometimes looks locked, but if you can pull one side up slightly, then that side isn't locked and causes the lights not to flash when pressing remote.
glider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glider For This Useful Post: