Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just ordered a XC60

Views : 2524

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 17:23   #1
adambsmith

Default Just ordered a XC60

Well, I've gone for it - ordered a XC60 for delivery on 1 March:

XC60 D5 (5 cylinder diesel with 185hp and loads of torque) S AWD Manual

Options:

Black sapphire metallic paint
Sat nav with UK and European maps
Bluetooth phone system
Personal car communicator (keyless drive) plus the car warns you if someone is in the car who shouldn't (heartbeat monitor )
Heated washer nozzles
Heated front seats
Headlamp cleaners
Posh floor mats
Airbag cut off switch
Rear centre armrest with storage and cupholders (for the daughter)
Rear park assistance (for the wife)

Cruise, aircon, city safety feature (prevents running into the back of someone at speeds under 20mph), all round airbags, all the usual Volvo safety stuff, steering wheel controls are all standard.

List price on the road £28,593

Deal done at £26,906 so discount of £1,687 or 6%ish which I did not think was too bad on a brand new model.

Plus 3 years free servicing and 4.9% APR finance.

Happy now
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 20:39   #2
4wheeldriver
Master Member

According to a the Peterborough Volvo dealer you could have an xc90 se on the road for 24k and my local dealer told me (after I'd done a deal down south) that they suddenly could do me an Se Sport xc90 for 24k. Amazing how they can do these deals AFTER you buy esewhere isnt it.

Sounds like you got a good deal and enjoy your new motor!!
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 21:00   #3
adambsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
According to a the Peterborough Volvo dealer you could have an xc90 se on the road for 24k and my local dealer told me (after I'd done a deal down south) that they suddenly could do me an Se Sport xc90 for 24k. Amazing how they can do these deals AFTER you buy esewhere isnt it.

Sounds like you got a good deal and enjoy your new motor!!
Crikey?! I'm happy with XC60 though.
Old Jan 3rd, 2009, 21:19   #4
4wheeldriver
Master Member

Ah but as I said these deals suddenly get offered AFTER you went elsewhere cos hey were too expensive to start with!!! lolol
4wheeldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 09:54   #5
Volvo Montpellier
Volvo Montpellier

I live in France and with the pound so low compared to euro i'd save about 12.000 Euro or 12.000 £ buying in the UK at the moment! Can we order left hand drive VOLVO's in the UK?
Volvo Montpellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:21   #6
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Montpellier View Post
I live in France and with the pound so low compared to euro i'd save about 12.000 Euro or 12.000 £ buying in the UK at the moment! Can we order left hand drive VOLVO's in the UK?
Have a look at this link.

http://www.volvocars.com/uk/salesand...s/default.aspx

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2009, 10:25   #7
Volvo Montpellier
Volvo Montpellier

thankyou....imports are going to get more expensive to the UK!
Volvo Montpellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:07   #8
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambsmith View Post
Well, I've gone for it - ordered a XC60 for delivery on 1 March:

XC60 D5 (5 cylinder diesel with 185hp and loads of torque) S AWD Manual

Options:

Black sapphire metallic paint
Sat nav with UK and European maps
Bluetooth phone system
Personal car communicator (keyless drive) plus the car warns you if someone is in the car who shouldn't (heartbeat monitor )
Heated washer nozzles
Heated front seats
Headlamp cleaners
Posh floor mats
Airbag cut off switch
Rear centre armrest with storage and cupholders (for the daughter)
Rear park assistance (for the wife)

Cruise, aircon, city safety feature (prevents running into the back of someone at speeds under 20mph), all round airbags, all the usual Volvo safety stuff, steering wheel controls are all standard.

List price on the road £28,593

Deal done at £26,906 so discount of £1,687 or 6%ish which I did not think was too bad on a brand new model.

Plus 3 years free servicing and 4.9% APR finance.

Happy now
Sounds like a very good deal .... I ordered last summer, called four dealerships around London, not one would offer any discount at all. I ended up paying £35K for mine. I guess the economic climate has changed since I ordered. It arrived early Dec. I did get the driver pack (autobreak/adaptive cruise/lane warning etc..) for only £399 instead of £1700 though, but that is basically instead of the 3 years free servicing. BTW I thought the servicing offer was only for cars that are registered in December?

Last edited by XC60Owner; Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:11.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2009, 12:39   #9
adambsmith

Free servicing and the low financing offer continue into the first quarter of 2009.

More importantly, how do you like the car?

Last edited by adambsmith; Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:45.
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 16:48   #10
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambsmith View Post
Free servicing and the low financing offer continue into the first quarter of 2009.

More importantly, how do you like the car?
I've come from an Audi with lowered sports suspension and I really like the high driving position of the XC60 and being able to cruise over speed bumps and pot holes with ease. It is a very comfortable car with a seating position that feels more like sitting on a chair as opposed to the Audi which is more reclined. The car has loads of space for the kid's bikes, pushchairs and other paraphernalia. It drives very smoothly although the D5 engine is louder than I had expected (even after reading the reviews!). My interior (Beige/Espresso leather and light wood) is really stylish and unlike anything I have seen on any other car, it all feels nice to the touch, especially the steering wheel. However, the stretching of the leather could be done better I think, I'm not sure if the bagginess of the beige and the tautness of the brown is a deliberate design feature or down to difficulties stretching the beige when stitching the seats (they are different types of leather so I suspect it may be a bit of both). The sunroof is great, I especially like the electric retractable cloth shade, which my son keeps asking me to open/close/open/close/open/close... although it doesn't open quite as much as I was expecting (it opens most of the larger section of glass but not all of it). I haven't had any problems with sluggishness when pulling out which I have read can happen to the XC90. Mine is response from standstill and it can power up hills without effort. I've managed to set off the collision warning a few times so that works (the sensitivity is configurable via the computer). I've also set off the lane warning so that works. The distance alert is a good feature but I turn it off on London roads as it goes off too often otherwise. The blind spot warning is proving useful (although sometimes it goes off a bit randomly - explanations in brochure - it can get confused sometimes). I really really like the electric side mirrors that angle down to the road when reversing so you can see the curb. The graphical parking sensors are also really good and I like being able to change a whole host of settings like "lock car when driving off" via the computer menu system. Obviously I like the outside styling of the car and being a family man feel safe with all the safety features. The dashboard is really nicely laid out and the controls feel well made. The wood panel lights in green and the dash/information display in white, it would be nice if they were all the same colour maybe. But overall at night it looks good with even a green light in the cup holder. On the down side, it is hard for the little ones so see out the back window (even in raised child seats) as it is so high up but the built in booster seats are fantastic and will come in useful when I ferry other people's children around. Am glad I got the family pack with child locks on the rear doors as I saw the 2 year old pulling the door handle over and over again the other day! It doesn't feel quite as well built as my Audi and it is not that much cheaper than a Q5 with an almost identical spec (excl. Volvo specifics like City Safety) which means it is on the expensive side I think. I'm very keen to try out adaptive cruise control but haven't had the chance yet. So having gone on for a while ... it's not perfect but it is certainly a really nice car and I feel completely spoilt with gadgets, gismos and safety features. The computer reads between 20-25 mpg in London which is about the brochure figure haven't done any motorway driving in it yet. Oh and it pulls ever so slightly the the left, I will check the tyre pressures. Ok, last one ... the rear table is great, finished in leather as well with fold out cupholders and tray.

Last edited by XC60Owner; Jan 6th, 2009 at 16:52.
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote