Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Newbie

Views : 2409

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 09:27   #1
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Default XC60 Newbie

Just about to put pen to paper an order my very first Volvo, but I had a couple of questions about the XC60 (2.4D FWD SE Geartronic) I was hoping you forumer might be able to assist.

1. Terra Bronze - very tempted but what is it like in real life? I haven't seen any on the road (but then I haven't seen many XC60s on the road either).

2. OK, so the sat nav is rubbish and who needs a built-in sat nav anyway, but what happens to the hole in the dash? Is this just blanked out?

3. T-tec or leather-faced? I have kids (and a dog) so thinking I should make do with T-tec, but not sure I could live without leather-faced.

You can tell I haven't got the greatest of relationships with my dealer (no names) but their corporate office is being very helpful.

Thanks!

XC60 Newbie
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 12:58   #2
andy.cass
Kendo

1. We nearly went Terra, but Savile won the day.

2. Yes, it's blanked out but with a unique trim piece. The Garmin aftermarket can be had for £500 from your dealer.

3. The leather is very luxurious and well worth it. Buy a loadliner and a dog guard and keep the mut in the boot!

In a nutshell, it's a great car.

11.5My XC60 D5 SE Lux Premium, Geartronic, Savile Grey, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Prem Audio with Sub, tow bar.
10MY 2009 XC60 D5 SE Lux Auto
2008 Mini Cooper
andy.cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 15:29   #3
Pebble

1. Yes we went for Savile grey as well. Don't normally go for the blacks, but were not too sure about the colours either.
2. Yes the hole is blanked off with a little rubber mat so it will act as a very small shelf, perhaps take a glasses case. I have obtained a Brodit clip and Tomtom mount, but it is a bit tight on space and you have to be careful to get the Tomtom on properly.
3. We end up with leather not quite sure how, but are very pleased with it. We had decided T-tech looked good and were undecided about leather so didn't specify leather. But it arrived with leather and I am very pleased with it.

I have the dark/black interior and whilst it looks great and love the dark leather seats, we live off the beaten track and the black carpets forever look muddy/dirty.
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 16:46   #4
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Thank you both for your prompt replies. I might just bite the bullet and and go with Terra Bronze. It just looks so good in the pictures. I also noticed that Land Rover introduced the colour on its new Disco 4 as well. I just now need to convince DW.

The bigger problem is convincing DW about centre console and gaping hole where the sat nav display is. I guess the Nordic wood trim will help off-set this.

I guess I should spec up to leather too, but all these options are now adding up and now encroaching into Q5 territory.
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 16:54   #5
ak888

I seen a couple of Terra Bronze on the road and think it looks great. At the time of my order, had not seen one and we were settled on something that went with the yellow/black interior (wanted something other than black/black and cream was not practical with with kids). So Savile Grey was our choice.

I have the sat nav and don't think its as bad as what I read - if anything I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked out, even has speed camera POI with warning - though this is not updateable (well not unless someone works out how to hack the files on the DVD). Also needed it for the reversing camera.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 22:49   #6
dj898

I think the reversing camera and F&R parking sensors are the must have.
Our garage is located at the back of the property and there's very narrow driveway between one side of the fence and the house. Without ther sensors/camera there's no way missus can drive out safely(?)...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 01:02   #7
tangey

I hope that terra bronze turns out as good "in the flesh" as in the pics, thats what I've picked for mine, hopefully due in a couple of weeks.
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 12:01   #8
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

I agree with F&R park assist, but ParkCam? The XC60 is, after all, meant to be a compact SUV.
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 12:38   #9
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155mph View Post
I agree with F&R park assist, but ParkCam? The XC60 is, after all, meant to be a compact SUV.
I also couldn't agree more on F&R parking sensors.

But the XC60 is anything but small!!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2009, 14:46   #10
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
I also couldn't agree more on F&R parking sensors.

But the XC60 is anything but small!!
Wished they did side sensors - even with front and rear and the camera - the missus has scraped the rear wheel arch against a concrete post! And only 2 months in. Was building up to a proper clean etc at the time as I am yet to post pictures of the motor in a suitably clean viewable state.

Have it booked at Tonbridge Coachworks (hope they are good - they do most of the premiuim badges including Bentley).
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote