Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY10 2.4D Geartronic: Buyer Beware

Views : 3369

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 10:19   #11
Teejay1
Master Member

155MPH correct me if I'm wrong.

The brochure says 183g/km your V5 says 183g/km? So there is no issue with the brochure or the sales of goods act! The brochure and your documents tally?

All it looks like is someone with poor eye site was sent to tax your vehicle and has read 188 instead of 183 its an easy mistake to make. If the V5 form says 183 then that's a legal document and the emissions will never change since that's what the manufacturers have tested it at the factory!

Once that is set it never changes you will always be charged at that level

Seems like a very simple administration mistake that should be easy to rectify.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:04   #12
Daleman
Master Member

Default Well spotted

Well spotted! Go to the top of the class TJ ,you have just saved 155MPH a fortune in hassle & legal fees.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:09   #13
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
155MPH correct me if I'm wrong.

The brochure says 183g/km your V5 says 183g/km? So there is no issue with the brochure or the sales of goods act! The brochure and your documents tally?
You stand corrected. V5C reads 188g/km. And for everyone's benefit, there are MY10 XC60 2.4D (175) Geartronics out there registered at 183g/km.

Last edited by 155mph; Apr 24th, 2010 at 12:51.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 12:34   #14
tagir

I've got my XC60 2.4D Auto delivered in January 2010. In V5C it says 183 G/KM. Hope that helps.
t.
tagir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tagir For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 12:23   #15
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

I hope this is just a typo from whoever input the data. 188 instead of 183 is a fairly easy mistake.

A good question would be are others getting the 188 or are you alone?

Legally, & I am not a lawyer, I know Volvo reserves the right to change what they want, when they want, BUT I cannot see it as being fair representation if they don't tell you what they have changed from the catalogue spec before you actually pay for the car. Remember that the CO2 is a legally required figure that Volvo are compelled to tell you, display the car in the showroom, include in adverts etc etc. I find it very hard to believe they could change it & not tell you. If they have told the dealer, but the dealer then didn't tell you, then it is down to the dealer.

I assume that you have asked the dealer if they have received notification of emmissions changes from Volvo?

If it helps Volvo sent me an XC60 catalogue this week, the accompanying letter is dated 22nd April, it is still the MY10 catalogue AND it still shows the 2.4D auto as 183gms. No ammendment slip.

I cannot believe Volvo would want it said that they misrepresent their product so I am sure that they will sort this out.

I will hold onto the catalogue/letter in case you need them although it will pay you to go onto the Volvo web site & order your own catalogue to be sent to you.

As I see no evidence that Volvo have changed the emmissions it would appear to be a mistake which hopefully your dealer will resolve with your local motor tax office.

I would be horrifed if this involved you in legal costs.
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 13:48   #16
Daleman
Master Member

Quote "If it helps Volvo sent me an XC60 catalogue this week, the accompanying letter is dated 22nd April, it is still the MY10 catalogue AND it still shows the 2.4D auto as 183gms. No ammendment slip."

Quote "I cannot believe Volvo would want it said that they misrepresent their product so I am sure that they will sort this out."

Are they not misrepresenting their product by sending out Model Year 2010 catalogues when there are clearly a whole host of changes to engine specifications and equipment for Model year 2011 cars which are the only ones left available for anyone wishing to purchase a factory order new?

Or is that allowed?

Last edited by Daleman; Apr 25th, 2010 at 13:49. Reason: quote inc
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 14:17   #17
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
Are they not misrepresenting their product by sending out Model Year 2010 catalogues when there are clearly a whole host of changes to engine specifications and equipment for Model year 2011 cars which are the only ones left available for anyone wishing to purchase a factory order new?

Or is that allowed?
Not really - there are still MY10 cars around which they are helping dealers to sell. I was looking at one in the showroom at Kings Halesworth Friday pm.

The My11 spec is available online & at dealers for anyone factory ordering & I assume that a dealer would refer to it in accepting your order.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 15:28   #18
Daleman
Master Member

Oh well that’s ok then if its helping dealers to sell their existing stock,good on em and to hell with the real customers wanting cars to be built to their specification!

You must have dealers in better contact with Volvo UK down South as I had to give my dealer up North the 2011 Model year spec brochure from a copy I got from this forum. They hadn’t seen one and hadn't a clue what was being changed spec wise other than the new D3 engine was on its way for model year 2011 .

Other dealings with the same dealer led me to believe they were very lax in their approach to specification and product knowledge but razor sharp at finding an excuse to up the price!

I am tempted to think that the whole Volvo information and specification chain is left wanting at Dealer level!
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 07:07   #19
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
You must have dealers in better contact with Volvo UK down South as I had to give my dealer up North the 2011 Model year spec brochure from a copy I got from this forum. They hadn’t seen one and hadn't a clue what was being changed spec wise other than the new D3 engine was on its way for model year 2011 .
The MY2011 catalogue has been available to dealers for several weeks & is on the Volvo website.

I agree that the MY2010 to MY2011 changeover has been a real mess BUT Volvo have only been accepting MY2011 orders since about last week so I am sure that they would argue that until then they were in the business of selling MY2010 cars that were in the pipeline.
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 14:08   #20
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
The MY2011 catalogue has been available to dealers for several weeks & is on the Volvo website.

I agree that the MY2010 to MY2011 changeover has been a real mess BUT Volvo have only been accepting MY2011 orders since about last week so I am sure that they would argue that until then they were in the business of selling MY2010 cars that were in the pipeline.
BUT VOLVO DEALERS HAVE BEEN TAKING ORDERS rightly or wrongly .My dealer took an order from me with a paid deposit that clearly states on the order 2011 Model year car including 3% ( due March) price increase mid February . I can send you a copy .

The Fact that Volvo were only taking orders for model year cars from very recently was not generally known by the buying public ,certainly I was not aware of it at the time as I just wanted a car ASAP.

Also the same Dealer (or the salesman I was dealing with) did not have the revised price list for Model year 2011 on the 6th of April when I gave him a copy supplied to me via this forum.

The whole changeover of models regarding dealer and customer communication has been a real MESS I agree with you on that point.

I am sure some of the dealers will argue they were selling model 2010 cars but you cannot escape from FACTS and paperwork to prove facts its called evidence. And the evidence I have in my dealings with a Volvo dealer is contrary to your claim.

Last edited by Daleman; Apr 26th, 2010 at 14:13. Reason: spare word