Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Battery

Views : 2756

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2019, 14:29   #1
ANDERSON

Default Battery

Hi looking for replacement battery fo 2011 S60 D5,any recommendation,thanks.
ANDERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 15:11   #2
Rex65

Main dealer prices are generally the best (surprisingly) when all taken into consideration.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 15:19   #3
ThorV70

Online and get delivered to your door next day?
Failing that if you are a member of the AA or RAC they usually give you a discounted price!
ThorV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 19:08   #4
Ruxpin

I was going to post a new thread about a battery for a 2011 S60 but might as well consolidate into this thread.
Mine's a T3, but doubt that makes much difference really.

The Volvo battery currently in the car is part number 31255132. Rated at 760A cold cranking. However, I am not the first owner of the car so unsure if this is the original battery from factory? I presume so.

Despite checking against the Registration Number on their system the local Volvo dealership quoted for part number 30644962.
Unfortunately, I didn't notice this whilst at the dealership earlier as I was rushing to get done before they closed.

What battery do other S60 owners have installed?
Plan on querying with the dealership at the weekend but thought I would check here first.

Also, presumably changing the battery myself is fine?
I had heard that some software check is required, but I guess this is simply a checkbox in VIDA which prevents the car from warning about battery age and a replacement being needed? Or is there more to it than that?
The owners manual doesn't state anything on this under the battery section.
Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 19:25   #5
AndyV7o
Premier Member

www.tayna.co.uk
Highly recommended, best prices on Varta around, next day delivery, great service.
I recommend Varta/Bosch silver top (or blue top) batteries, which are the same made by Varta but different labels. Very reliable.
But as has been said, main dealers can be really competitive.
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 19:33   #6
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Batteries for a 2011 S60 vary from 560CCA to 800CCA, depending on engine type and fitted options.
A diesel is genrally 750 to 800 CCA. The 800 battery is fitted when you have a parking heater or other optional electrical devices that consume power when the engine is off.

Additionally, a extra 120CCA battery for Start-Stop can also be fitted.

From VIDA:
Battery disconnecting and connecting
Warning! The supplemental restraint system (SRS) is active for a certain length of time after the power supply has been disconnected. Wait for a minimum of 3 minutes before disconnecting or removing any SRS components.

Diagnosing battery:
Vehicles with Battery Monitoring Module
Perform automatic battery test according to: Vida/Diagnostics/Vehicle communication/Cem/Advanced/Battery Monitoring Sensor (BMS)/Automatic battery test

When replacing battery:
Reset according to: DIAGNOSTICS/VEHICLE COMMUNICATION/CEM/Advanced/Resetting information when replacing battery (main battery)

Resetting the information to zero on power supply when replacing the battery
Information about the vehicle's power supply such as standby current and battery information is stored in both the central electronic module (CEM) and the battery monitoring sensor (BMS). With this service the stored power supply information is reset.

Note! Resetting to zero should only be performed when replacing the (main) battery.

In order for the battery monitoring sensor to calculate the battery's correct charge level, the vehicle must be in sleep mode for at least 4 hours after reset. In some instances 6 hours in sleep mode may be required. This is on the condition that the ignition key has been removed, doors and lids are closed and the car is locked. If the charge level is still low, the brake energy regeneration feature and start/stop feature will not be permitted. The battery requires charging.

Resetting the information to zero on power supply when replacing the battery monitoring sensor (BMS)
Resetting information about current consumption
Information about the vehicle's power supply such as standby current and battery information is stored in both the central electronic module (CEM) and the battery monitoring sensor (BMS). With this service the stored power supply information is reset.
Note! Resetting to zero should only be performed when replacing the battery monitoring sensor (BMS).

So YES, you need to reset the battery monitoring in the CEM
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 19:36   #7
Ruxpin

Thanks for that SwissXC90.

I really should get VIDA sorted!
Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 10:38   #8
hancym
Master Member

"Optima Red Top" Indestructible & greater output that most others.
hancym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 20:25   #9
K5 Gus

Got a replacement battery today from main dealer, for a 2014 V60 D4 ( with stop/start if that makes a difference ).

£176 fitted, ouch !!
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 20:56   #10
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5 Gus View Post
Got a replacement battery today from main dealer, for a 2014 V60 D4 ( with stop/start if that makes a difference ).

£176 fitted, ouch !!
Good price. Mine cost 270 GBP
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SwissXC90 For This Useful Post: