Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts Wanted

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RTI Discs.

Views : 3190

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2008, 22:04   #11
Rufe
TRADER

i havent seen any particular info regarding RTI disks being updated again in November, or of any further price changes. i know theres usually an update in June (this disk mentioned in this thread was released in June 2008) and i cant see vovlo droppingtheir price any more as they dropped the retail price by around £50 allready, and thats a big drop for volvo.

Did you receive your RTI disks today gbxc?

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 12:48   #12
Muscas
Master Member

Smile

Hi Simon,

If I could be so rude and ask an associated question.

I have a 1999/2000 V70R AWD with the RTI CD system as used from September 1999 till Mid 2003 before the DVD system was introduced.

I usually purchase the disks from E-bay, one year getting one from Germany for as little as £10, new and the latest edition. Last year I paid £45 and that again was from Germany, June 2007 edition.

I have not seen any June 2008 edition disks on E bay recently, do you know if Volvo still support this system? I had assumed they did as they were selling it up untill 2005/2006 in the first generation C70.

Also is it possible to enable the RTI function?

And a shot is the dark here, but it is at all possible to modify the existing syestem to have post code rechognition?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
1994 Volvo 480ES 2.0i (In and out of Roadworthiness)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser, daily car
Muscas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 22:34   #13
Rufe
TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscas View Post
Hi Simon,

If I could be so rude and ask an associated question.

I have a 1999/2000 V70R AWD with the RTI CD system as used from September 1999 till Mid 2003 before the DVD system was introduced.

I usually purchase the disks from E-bay, one year getting one from Germany for as little as £10, new and the latest edition. Last year I paid £45 and that again was from Germany, June 2007 edition.

I have not seen any June 2008 edition disks on E bay recently, do you know if Volvo still support this system? I had assumed they did as they were selling it up untill 2005/2006 in the first generation C70.

Also is it possible to enable the RTI function?

And a shot is the dark here, but it is at all possible to modify the existing syestem to have post code rechognition?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
Hi Patrick

the only thing i can really say to you is that after looking at the info on the volvo website it tells me the Cd-Rom system was last updated in January 2007 for cars up to 1999. For 2000 (up to 2005 for the C70) models it was last updated in June 2006. This suggests that they may not be supporting this system for much longer if they are not being updated so often as the DVD version. Allthough i have no information as to why this is in my eyes the reason for this could be down to the fact they are simply not selling them, as there are so many illegal copies they may not see the true demand for them perhaps. Saying this they are still available, whether or not there is going to be a new update released i simply dont have that info sorry mate.

Simon

The Following User Says Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 09:03   #14
Muscas
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufe View Post
Hi Patrick

the only thing i can really say to you is that after looking at the info on the volvo website it tells me the Cd-Rom system was last updated in January 2007 for cars up to 1999. For 2000 (up to 2005 for the C70) models it was last updated in June 2006. This suggests that they may not be supporting this system for much longer if they are not being updated so often as the DVD version. Allthough i have no information as to why this is in my eyes the reason for this could be down to the fact they are simply not selling them, as there are so many illegal copies they may not see the true demand for them perhaps. Saying this they are still available, whether or not there is going to be a new update released i simply dont have that info sorry mate.

Simon
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your reply and I apologise to the original poster for asking another question on his thread.

Umm, this is really very confusing, if you follow the link below:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260299790865
This was the original Volvo Sat Nav system that I UNDERSTAND is no longer supported by Volvo.

As my car is a December 1999 car it fortunately falls into the bracket for the more advanced Sat Nav system. Volvo still had to change the processor, CD player and the loom, Oh and the remote is different. I believe that the system I have is exactly the same as Volvo were selling in the first generation C70 up until 2006.

Also it has the same SOFTWARE as used in the S60, Second generation V70 and S80 up until 2003 even though the hardware was different. I.E. Still a CD based system.

I had assumed that Volvo had to support the system for 7 years after the production life cycle had ended, so 2006 + 7 years = 2013, do you know if this is true?
This would go for any item in the car...........

Could I trouble you for the part number of the June 2006 edition, so that I can confirm with what I am running now? Many thanks in advance.

Patrick
1994 Volvo 480ES 2.0i (In and out of Roadworthiness)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser, daily car
Muscas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 17:24   #15
Rufe
TRADER

Hi, its no problem asking me the questions as I will answer what i can, but i do not have all the answers i am afraid. I really don't know how long Volvo are supposed to keep making and releasing update disks for, its really not info that i will have.

I can give you the part number of the most up to date disk for your car: 31252386

This is same disk as used in:
S40 up to model year 2003
S60 model year 2001
S70 model year 2000
S80 up to model year 2001
V40 up to model year 2003
V70 model year 2000-2001
XC70 model year 2000-2001
C70 model year 2000-2005

Hope this helps

Simon

The Following User Says Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 09:30   #16
Steve1564

Might be worth a look at this site

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/forum.php

They seem to offer a lot of advise about making backup copies of your nav disks...

"Nudge nudge... wink, wink... say no more squire... know what i mean !"
Steve1564 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve1564 For This Useful Post: