Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 240 GL and other parts for sale

Views : 869

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2009, 16:29   #1
beastie555

Default Volvo 240 GL and other parts for sale

Hi All

This is new to me so I hope I get this correct.

I have a house in a village in the Jaen area of Spain. I have an old Volvo 240 GL that is no longer being used. I live in the campo and needed a
4x4 as the road up to my house got real muddy and slippery in the winter months due to the unusual amount of snow and rain we had here. It is a 1984 model. It is Spanish Registered but right hand drive. It is automatic and 2.3cc. I have let the ITV (MOT equivalent) lapse in April as I no longer need this car. It has 4 nearly new tyres on it although the rears are a different size to the fronts (had to replace the rears in a hurry as someone stabbed one at the airport and the garage didn't have the same size as the fronts). I feel loathe to just scrapping the car as it has many useable parts on it and it actually is still running. I know the headlights alone cost a lot of money to replace. I also have some headlights that are for a 1994 850 and a towbar that fits a Volvo but I am unsure which models the towbar will fit.

I won't write any more as I may be wasting my time and yours. I don't want loads of money for these items but sensible offers will definitely be considered. I can give more detailed info if somebody needs it.

You have to bear in mind that the headlights are Spanish so are not legal in the UK and all the items mentioned are located in Spain.

I hate waste, although the main body of the car could be recycled in the scrap yard, the other items could be re used and I am just hoping that somebody, somewhere can make use of them.

For those of you who know the Spanish system, I have the ITV booklet and the Permiso De Circulacion is in my name. The tax is paid up till May 2009 so is due in my village at the end of this month although I don't have a receipt for some reason but I am sure I could get proof from the Gestoria who transferred the car into my name.

Thanks to the moderators for allowing me to list this thread and thanks to all that take the time for reading this.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Shirley
beastie555 is offline   Reply With Quote