Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picked up my new xc60 today, questions

Views : 1020

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2010, 18:40   #1
pbeecroft

Default Picked up my new xc60 today, questions

Auto lock doors.
when set to on they lock on ignition.
when set to unlock it doesnt do anything when yo turn off engine or remove key, you have to press the button on the door.

option unlock all doors checked, other option is unlock drivers door first. does this only apply to the keyfob ?.

towbar.
we have the volvo detachable towbar. bumper has been cut but cannot actually insert the towball piece the hole seems to high in the bumper. will take some pics. bit annoyed as they have scuffed the bumper during cutting.

in the manual it has a plug and a blanking cover, mine has the plug but not the cover, is this standard ?.

impressed with the car, v.quick compared to the xc90.

another issue but will start a new thread
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 22:02   #2
ZERO-TO-XC60

I've got the detacheable tow bar and it has 13pin plug to the left of the bar which has a spring loaded cover on the plug. the cut out doesnt foul the bar fitting but is a snug cut around the fitting. There is a std push fit cover supplied to hide the fitting when bar is not fitted. The key lock / release mechanism was a fiddle to get used to but after a few goes the bar comes out very easily.
Its the best extra I opted for as my bike rack is on and off every weekend. My back is definitely better for this instead of loading two bikes into the back of the missus honda scivvy.
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 22:10   #3
bluesnappa

Just been sitting in my new today XC60 R design and yep, the doors lock on ignition but to get out you need to pull the door release twice. The all door/drivers firs applies to the key fob. The cover for my tow bar has not arrived at the dealers yet. Due next week, dealer very appologetic as Volvo should have sent a silver blanking plate but failed. Love the car and cant wait to drive to work tomorrow!
bluesnappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 22:14   #4
ZERO-TO-XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnappa View Post
Just been sitting in my new today XC60 R design and yep, the doors lock on ignition but to get out you need to pull the door release twice. The all door/drivers firs applies to the key fob. The cover for my tow bar has not arrived at the dealers yet. Due next week, dealer very appologetic as Volvo should have sent a silver blanking plate but failed. Love the car and cant wait to drive to work tomorrow!
Silver blank plate ??? - might have to speak to my dealer - I had style pack 2 fitted but got the plain grey cover with tow bar. I want a silver one too !!!
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 23:23   #5
XC60nick

I am about to order a Towbar, could somebody take some pics of the 'volvo' fitting method, as I may go to towequipe and save £400, but want to know what to expect...
Like you all, it seems, love my car, its a week old now, and its a little dusty now, looking forward to washing her this weekend, (how sad is that!!!)
XC60nick is offline   Reply With Quote