Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 but what colour?

Views : 4829

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 4th, 2010, 08:28   #1
Teejay1
Master Member

Default XC60 but what colour?

I'm almost 100% sure that we are going to go for the XC60 but the interior/exterior colour is the next choice.

Is there anyone out there with any images that they would be willing to share of the interior leather primarily, the lime green/yellow and espresso/cream and exterior colours Barrets blue, Maple red and Saville grey.

I can't visualise the colours unless I "see" them for real.

thanks all
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 10:04   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Having personally gone through exactly the same dilemma, we were lucky enough to get the XC60 as (Hertz) rentals in Sweden last year before placing an order ourselves.

One was Cosmic White with the Creame/Brown 2-tone interior. This was also our first choice.... until we actually saw it for real. The plastics looks cheap in this colour combo IMHO and the brown just doesn't do it for us. Should be black. Light and airy though.

The other was Black Sapphire (our final exterior choice) with the black leather (also our final choice) which looks much more upmarket.

I have also seen the Black/Lime combo and this is great. Looks much better in real than on pictures. One for the brave and I might opt for this next time round. After all, choose what YOU want, not what the next one wants. As a note, the car we saw with this combo also had the aluminium interior trim that looked great.

As for exterior colours, I have seen:

Cosmic White (nice)
White (flat and boring)
Sapphire Black (seen more XC60's in this colour than any other colour)
Barrents Blue (nice but seems to be a bit boring IMO)
Maple Red (wow, this is VERY nice)
Titanium Grey (very nice)
Saville Grey (nicer than Titanium!)
Silver (just too much)

Seen a few more but can't remember their names.

Best option you have is to look at the various dealers nearby. Another good option is to go to Volvo's used car pages and search for the XC60. Then just click on every single one to see what combos they have.

Good Luck!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NewVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 10:37   #3
avenger

I disagree. I think the car in Ice white looks fantastic with the silver exterior inserts on the front rear and side. With a black interior and aluminium inserts it looks incredible. Saville Grey also looks nice. The silvers if anything look flat. The black is great but I would never buy a black car again. Just too hard to keep clean. The other colours look a little cheesy and will date in my opinion. If you go to http://www.volvocars.com/au/all-cars...your-xc60.aspx you can build the car and create a wallpaper.

This is the one I will buy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wallpaper_Volvo_XC60.jpg (140.9 KB, 63 views)
avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to avenger For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 15:28   #4
Teejay1
Master Member

Never thought about second hand images. Thanks
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 15:30   #5
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger View Post
I disagree. I think the car in Ice white looks fantastic with the silver exterior inserts on the front rear and side. With a black interior and aluminium inserts it looks incredible. Saville Grey also looks nice. The silvers if anything look flat. The black is great but I would never buy a black car again. Just too hard to keep clean. The other colours look a little cheesy and will date in my opinion. If you go to http://www.volvocars.com/au/all-cars...your-xc60.aspx you can build the car and create a wallpaper.

I've built them in all colours I have suggested but there are too many variables if the monitor doesn't display them correctly and they often look different quite literally in the light of day.
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 15:52   #6
Daleman
Master Member

Default White is good in the rest of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger View Post

White was rare in England and until recently it was looked upon as a bad colour (utility vehicle colour) to sell second hand but it has recently made something of a comeback and is now proving popular and losing its utility image. In Australia and in the USA white is considered classy and svelte and has a totally different image to white in England.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 16:27   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I purchased a Saville Grey model which I have to say looks good, especially with the cream leather inside. I do have a slight regret as I saw an Ice White model a few days ago (cream interior) and it looked STUNNING.

If I was ordering a new XC60 I would definitely consider this option
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 19:00   #8
mas66
VOC Member

As much as I really admire the colours that can be specced with the XC60 .... I have had regrets in the past with ordering light interiors on other makes where they soon become grubby and look tatty...... so I went for the off black to be practical....... with a bit of TLC the black will look better far longer than cream (or other light colour) IMHO of course and I also suppose it depends on the type of use your vehicle gets, if its a 'weekender' then cream may be great but if its used as a daily workhorse then maybe not ... just my 2c worth

Cheers

Mark
mas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 19:13   #9
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas66 View Post
As much as I really admire the colours that can be specced with the XC60 .... I have had regrets in the past with ordering light interiors on other makes where they soon become grubby and look tatty...... so I went for the off black to be practical....... with a bit of TLC the black will look better far longer than cream (or other light colour) IMHO of course and I also suppose it depends on the type of use your vehicle gets, if its a 'weekender' then cream may be great but if its used as a daily workhorse then maybe not ... just my 2c worth

Cheers
Mark
Daily workhorse with most of our hobbies involve muddy fields,wheelies and camping. So maybe black would be the way to go.
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 20:22   #10
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Lots of feedback but no pics. NewVolvo has some nice pics over in Showroom.

Buy what makes you happy, not what others think will make you happy.

Sadly, I have yet to collect my car, so no pics to contribute. I have seen Maple Red OTR. Very nice. I have also seen Terra Bronze OTR. I have to admit it did not blow me away like it did in print. I was very keen on it. These are simply my opinions.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 155mph For This Useful Post: