Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Map Update - Advice Needed

Views : 1260

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2019, 12:09   #1
Stone Free
VOC Member

Default Sensus Map Update - Advice Needed

Hi
Apologies if this item has been covered before, however could not find any posts relating to this particular issue.

I have a an XC60 first registered in September 2013, which as far as I'm aware has never had a Sensus Map Update. Therefore based upon the information on the Volvo website ie: "Maps can only be installed after you have visited your Volvo dealer for a Sensus software upgrade" I booked the car into the Volvo dealership to have this carried out.

Following a wait for a couple of hours, I was informed that the vehicle would not accept the software / map upgrade as it would be necessary for the ECU (located behind the dashboard apparently) to be upgraded to enable the system to accept the new software & thereby the latest maps (at a cost of £700 + labour)

The currently installed software version is: OC72 & the map version is: 30.13.02

Has anyone experienced this particular problem at all & if so is there a solution to it without replacing the ECU ?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Current Version.jpg (230.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png systemImage_Sensus.png (90.0 KB, 30 views)
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 13:37   #2
Scointer

Sounds wrong to me.

Try reading through this thread

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ght=Sensus+map

I had my 2011 v60 updated from 0993 software version at the local Volvo dealer for £60 took an hour (plus about 3hr drive for me to load the new map) but not sure if any difference for an XC
Scointer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scointer For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 13:46   #3
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I investigated the issue of user map updates when looking for a V60... turns out there is a firmware update for the models that need it, which was around £150 from some dealers. It certainly didn't require a new ECU.

I bought a later model in the end, so didn't need it, but have a look on the forum for the same threads I found.

Edit - I took so long to post that someone's beaten me to it!
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 15:31   #4
bob potter

I had the same issue with a volvo independant. I took the xc to a main dealer, which replaced something and upgraded it for £90ish. Then 3 hours to update the map, the system remembers where it was if you turn it off, so no need to keep the car turned on.
bob potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 22:38   #5
Bigchewie

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this seems to be the only post with the same software version that i have, Can you advise how you got on with maps update did you require the dealer update?
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 23:23   #6
Stone Free
VOC Member

I never proceeded to update the ECU & maps just resorted to using good ol' Google Maps.
The exhorbitant cost was a deal breaker & big disappointment too. Only downside to an otherwise great motor.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 23:50   #7
Bigchewie

Thanks for the reply, going to have a dig into it myself, If i get a better answer than £700 I will update you
Bigchewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 00:42   #8
Stone Free
VOC Member

Thanks Bigchewie

Tags
ecu, maps, satnav, update