Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 T5M GT Coupe T Reg

Views : 879

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 8th, 2018, 22:31   #1
c70r

Default C70 T5M GT Coupe T Reg

Thinking of selling one of my C70s. Bought it last may with the intention of fixing all its issues but haven't had the time, in fact, I fixed the major issues, got it MOT'd and has only done 5 miles since. Would want it to go to someone who is interested in finishing it up rather than breaking but that's up to you.

As the title states, it is a 1997 Volvo C70 T5 GT Coupe with a manual gearbox in silver. Has done 144k miles and has a black interior with wood trim. It has its good bits and its bad bits.

The good:
- Engine & gearbox are in very good shape, no shifting issues, mount issues, loud engine or any smoke (20 years of service history to show for)
- Has a sunroof and it is fully functional without any leaks
- No rust/paint bubbles around places like the arches
- Paintwork is in good nick, has scratches on the bumpers but no flaking of paint or scratches over the rest of the car.
- Original Canisto wheels in good condition and tyres on them have only done 3000 miles.

The bad:
- Front shocks need replacing, slight oil leak at the top of them
- ABS issue, I have diagnosed it as needing its ABS module to be resoldered/replaced, I put my other C70s module in it and had no issues
- Passenger side door does not open externally, I had to fix this to pass the mot and the issue is the catch pops out of position, could put it back in but realistically needs replacing.
- Burn mark on the rear passenger seat and a rip due to the burn mark, about 10cm in size.
- Rear window moulding has seen better days, it is not leaking but is not visually pleasing.

I have been honest about its issues no matter how large or small they are as I don't have the intention of wasting anybody's time. I want whoever is interested in it to know exactly what is wrong with it so they can calculate whether they are capable/up to doing what is required.

The ABS issue is intermittent, on long drives the ABS light comes up along with an instant loss of odometer/speedometer. Turning the car on and off for some reason resets it. I swapped in my working module from my other C70 and the issue goes away which is why I have diagnosed it to be the module, I swapped sensors and it made no difference.

I will make some time on Saturday to take some pictures, the car is located in West London. The car has 2 months worth of MOT left.

The car isn't advertised anywhere, thought it would be fair to post it on a Volvo forum with enthusiasts first and if nobody wanted it I would put it on eBay or Gumtree.

Even though it is the "beloved" T5M GT I'm aware of its issues, I would like £350 for it but would take fair offers. Thanks for reading,

Last edited by c70r; Mar 8th, 2018 at 22:47.
c70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2018, 18:38   #2
Shinsplintz 101

PM sent.
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 14:50   #3
c70r

Update:
Passenger door does indeed open, forgot that unlocking by key wouldn't unlock both doors and also took some pics.

Any questions please ask. MOT runs out 8th May 2018 and in case reg isn't clear in pics it is T881KGP.

Edit: Just realised in the first post I said it was 1997, sorry I meant 1999.

Last edited by c70r; Mar 25th, 2018 at 14:53.
c70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 15:40   #4
Mark1Stu

I hope someone buys and restores it.

Drove my C70 T5 project (it was going to be my daughter's car when she visited us in Bristol but she managed to get a parking permit in London so she's keeping her Mercedes) - anyhow, what a fantastic long distance cruiser it is.

I drove it to a London and back yesterday. It's beginning to get noticed too, as they're rare on the road now. And of course, it has the turn of speed to embarrass most wannabes as well.

Once they're gone (broken) they're gone. So please step forward someone 😀
Mark1Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 18:55   #5
c70r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1Stu View Post
I hope someone buys and restores it.

Drove my C70 T5 project (it was going to be my daughter's car when she visited us in Bristol but she managed to get a parking permit in London so she's keeping her Mercedes) - anyhow, what a fantastic long distance cruiser it is.

I drove it to a London and back yesterday. It's beginning to get noticed too, as they're rare on the road now. And of course, it has the turn of speed to embarrass most wannabes as well.

Once they're gone (broken) they're gone. So please step forward someone 😀
I do as well, would really drop the price down if a true enthusiast wanted to restore it. They don't look as old as they are especially if you throw on the lights and grille from the 03's as I have on my other.

Unfortunately having two of these is one too many with the amount of spare time I have hence why I never really got round to properly fixing it.
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 17:33   #6
c70r

Car will be scrapped if a buyer isn't found within a week. Would be a shame to but I don't have the space to keep hanging onto it. If you have any interest message me and as stated before the price is very negotiable.
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 14:16   #7
Drherbs

Hi
Just seen this, is this still available or have you scrapped it?
Cheers
Karl
Drherbs is offline   Reply With Quote