Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where are all the S90 on the road?

Views : 3125

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 4th, 2018, 11:07   #11
DeZemBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
I've had mine a year, D4 Inscription, love it, I love the fact you never see them, its a quirky choice but rather that than a BMW or E Class, both of which I drove prior to ordering the S90 and I really don't get the media hype.

The interior of the car is amazing, I have the walnut and the fact its not glossy is nice. Its comfy, quick enough (i have P*) and frugal, sit at 70mph on a long journey and get 60mpg!!!

You will love it!
Really? 60mpg? That's good to know! I will be traveling lots on M25 and of th2 50+ miles each way, probably 30+ miles will be smooth driving
DeZemBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 13:33   #12
MOzS90

I have a 42 mile commute on dual carriageways and only 5000 miles on the clock (so at least another 10000 to do before it’s even close to run in) and the best I’ve seen at a lazy 60 mph is 66 mpgs (on the cars display - not sure if that’s accurate).

Have you decided what to do with the 20” wheels yet? I may still be interested if you decide to buy 18”s and sell them.
MOzS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 14:10   #13
DeZemBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzS90 View Post

Have you decided what to do with the 20” wheels yet? I may still be interested if you decide to buy 18”s and sell them.
Just got an email from the salesperson asking the same question

They quoted me £3k for the 18 inch wheels if I want to keep the 20 inch as well! The ebay guy you told me that day is selling for £750 i think.

If you are interested on the 20 inch wheels, how much is a fair price for you? A picture from the autotrader ad for the wheel.

Last edited by DeZemBer; Apr 4th, 2018 at 14:13. Reason: Add picture
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 16:55   #14
DeZemBer

Quote:
I have a 42 mile commute on dual carriageways and only 5000 miles on the clock (so at least another 10000 to do before it’s even close to run in) and the best I’ve seen at a lazy 60 mph is 66 mpgs (on the cars display - not sure if that’s accurate).

I am yet to able to PM you... so this is my reply

Ok. I will see the salesperson on Friday and will have to let them know by Monday I think. Where are you based? I am near to Junc 4 M25
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 18:13   #15
MOzS90

I can’t pm you either. I think it’s something to do with numbers of posts.

I need to find out what I might have to do to my car to fit the 20s as the Volvo website suggests something needs doing to fit them. I’m not sure if this is to do with speed calibration etc.

Don’t let the dealer pull your pants down over the 20 and 18s. I’d buy the 18s from the eBay seller and sell the 20s separately. The dealer will just make more profit from you.

Is your car an inscription??
MOzS90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MOzS90 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 18:15   #16
DeZemBer

Quote:

Is your car an inscription??
Yes. It's a 17 plate inscription.
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 18:41   #17
Jcbrown

Quote:
I've had mine a year, D4 Inscription, love it, I love the fact you never see them, its a quirky choice but rather that than a BMW or E Class, both of which I drove prior to ordering the S90 and I really don't get the media hype.

The interior of the car is amazing, I have the walnut and the fact its not glossy is nice. Its comfy, quick enough (i have P*) and frugal, sit at 70mph on a long journey and get 60mpg!!!

You will love it!
Agree wholeheartedly - had my D4 Inscription just over a year now, and still love it. Looked at 5 series, E Class, XF, A6 and drove most. but they just did not "do it" for me. Yes, great cars in their own way, but just too many out their for me.

I like the exclusivity the S90 bring.

Interior is a very nice place to be I find, whatever the journey may through at me: PA2 to take the hassle out of long motorway trips, or traffic jams; Decent sounds and selection; comfy. I have personally never liked wood on dashboards, as they are almost always polished to a glass like finish and look (IMHO) cheap and tacky however expensive they are. The natural finish on the walnut is a refreshing change.

I've managed over 70MPG in the right circumstances.
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 20:04   #18
DeZemBer

Quote:

You will love it!
Trying to figure out what the think is P*!! Learning new things every day.

Have you tried the car with and without polestar? Is it worth the tune? Thanks...
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 20:55   #19
Jcbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZemBer View Post
Trying to figure out what the think is P*!! Learning new things every day.

Have you tried the car with and without polestar? Is it worth the tune? Thanks...
This is a big can of worms. Some love it and think it is definitely worth it. Some think it makes little/no difference and have had it removed. Others think it is a big con and the car should be delivered from factory with the characteristics of the P* optimisation. If you search the forum you will find quite a number of postings on this topic.

Personally I had my car for about 8 months before I got the P* done, so had a good chance to evaluate the car without, before finding out what difference it made with P*. Whilst I was not disappointed before I had P*, I was very happy with the difference P* made.

P* is a lot of money, and if you are chasing pure power increases you will likely be disappointed.

My advise, would be to try the car without for a while. If P* does still interest you, try to get a test drive of a P* car if possible. If this is not (or even if it is), keep an eye on the Volvo Offers - from time to time there is a £200 discount on P*, and 14-day money back guarantee (not sure if this is standard). At least that way if you are not happy you can get it removed and you have not lost out (though I think there is an admin fee). if you are happy, then you will have saved yourself £200

others my of course have different views
Old Apr 5th, 2018, 14:16   #20
Jimrod

I have no idea how people get such high mpg, my 13 mile commute on mainly dual carriageway gets to 41mpg or so, a motorway trip to London (190 miles round) got around 49mpg in my D4 R-Design with 2500 miles on the clock yesterday. :| I keep putting it down to a little stop/start traffic at each end, some roadworks, cold weather, winter fuel mixture etc but I can't imagine ever seeing the 60-70mpg people talk of, even with "moderate" driving. I generally get around 375 miles before my warning light comes on due to the small tank!
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote