Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Winter pack question - V90

Views : 3438

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2018, 15:09   #1
Bensvolvo

Default Winter pack question - V90

I am looking to buy a March 17 registered V90 D5 CC. It's a well specced car, although on the spec sheet it doesnt say Winter Pack.

The private owner has told me it has the Winter pack, but the the dealer says it doesnt show the car has it when they look on their system. Any idea's why this would be the case? Thanks
Bensvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 15:28   #2
MOzS90

Maybe because some aspects of the winter pack could be ordered separately (I don’t know, a suggestion) therefore it hasn’t got a winter pack in total but the seller thinks it has.

Either that or they’re lying!!
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 16:45   #3
Haldex
Premier Member

I don't have a winter pack- but I do have heated washer nozzles and heated seats. I guess I'm missing the heated windshield, heated steering wheel and the auxiliary (webasto) heater.. I suppose all those would be in the winter pack.
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 16:56   #4
weemark

No idea what's contained in the winter pack specific to that model but I would be pretty certain it contains the heated windscreen. If you can see the car itself have a close look at the windscreen and you'll see very thin filaments embedded in the glass ...... once seen never forgotten!!

Last edited by weemark; Apr 25th, 2018 at 16:56. Reason: complete post
weemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 17:33   #5
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensvolvo View Post
I am looking to buy a March 17 registered V90 D5 CC. It's a well specced car, although on the spec sheet it doesnt say Winter Pack.

The private owner has told me it has the Winter pack, but the the dealer says it doesnt show the car has it when they look on their system. Any idea's why this would be the case? Thanks
Winter Pack for MY17 was:
heated steering wheel, heated washer nozzles, headlamp washers, heated windscreen.

However if the car has a head-up display the heated screen is deleted as you can't have both. I also recall that if the car has steering wheel gear paddles, the heated steering wheel was deleted?

Winter Plus Pack gave you the above plus LED active headlights and cornering LED fog lamps.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by cassell; Apr 25th, 2018 at 17:37.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 19:08   #6
T8y

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Winter Pack for MY17 was:
heated steering wheel, heated washer nozzles, headlamp washers, heated windscreen.

However if the car has a head-up display the heated screen is deleted as you can't have both. I also recall that if the car has steering wheel gear paddles, the heated steering wheel was deleted?

Winter Plus Pack gave you the above plus LED active headlights and cornering LED fog lamps.

Hope this helps?
MY17 didn’t include the heated steering wheel in the winter pack but contained everything else.

Edit: my bad... it may have come with the CC but didn’t with the v90. I hadn’t seen you were asking about the CC initially.

Last edited by T8y; Apr 25th, 2018 at 19:29.
T8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 19:35   #7
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by T8y View Post
MY17 didn’t include the heated steering wheel in the winter pack but contained everything else.

Edit: my bad... it may have come with the CC but didn’t with the v90. I hadn’t seen you were asking about the CC initially.
My Inscription certainly came with it, listed as part of the Winter pack on my spec sheet, this guide from Parkers also confirms it:

https://www.parkers.co.uk/volvo/v90/...and-equipment/
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 21:41   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Packs
Screenshot_2018-04-25-21-40-04.jpg
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 12:46   #9
T8y

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
My Inscription certainly came with it, listed as part of the Winter pack on my spec sheet, this guide from Parkers also confirms it:

https://www.parkers.co.uk/volvo/v90/...and-equipment/
My MY17 came with the winter pack but no heated steering wheel. When I asked the dealer they checked the Volvo system and they said that MY17 winter pack didn’t include the heated steering wheel. So maybe yours had a winter pack and heated steering wheel added separately?
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 12:48   #10
T8y

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Which model year is this for?