Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pain in the seat pad!

Views : 11539

Replies : 74

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 21st, 2022, 11:44   #71
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio1 View Post
I know, that's not easy. Planned to have this car around 10 years, satisfied in everything beside the seats which is quite important... Spent a lot of time while choosing the car and testing over the weekend etc, did not face issue with the seats, maybe in the test car seat was slightly different although had extender as well...

Afraid to choose anything in the future as weekend test may not reveal all the issues... maybe should skips seats with extenders

Anyway, had a lot of cars, more or less comfortable but as V60CC is for sure the best among all the others the seats are the worst.

Not many cars available in the segment I'm interested in, was choosing between V60CC and new Subaru Outback, but Subaru has poor engine in Poland, did not like interior design and most important Subaru policy for sales is very limited in Poland, no test cars available for longer testing, just few dealers etc.

So have to somehow fix that seat issue as it blocks all the pleasure from this car, which is great beside it/
I would investigate getting a whole new aftermarket seat fitted, then swap it back in when you want to sell the car, still won't be cheap but may allow you to drive more comfortably.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 14:10   #72
neilgorin

A lot of it may be "bums on seats"

The seats in my V60 were awful for a long time but softened right up after a lot of use. The ridge at the back of the extender is now actually soft on the driver's seat but still stiff on the passenger side which has seen probably only 20k of the 80k ish on the clock.
neilgorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 14:18   #73
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio1 View Post
...was choosing between V60CC and new Subaru Outback, but Subaru has poor engine in Poland, did not like interior design and most important Subaru policy for sales is very limited in Poland, no test cars available for longer testing, just few dealers etc.
I test drove an Outback several years ago. After a couple of miles I stopped and told the salesman I'll walk back, I couldn't sit in that seat any longer.
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 17:24   #74
Scorpio1

Hello again,

Have new observations - please let me know if it was the same for you at some moment - after bottom cushion exchange feel the pain in the upper part of right peace - selected it on the picture.
No issue in the left leg, seems like this part is much harder on the right side of the seat.

Additionally, think it is strange that my bottom covers almost whole bottom cushion - as borders are lifted up at some angle thought I should fit the flat part using borders as boundaries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (17.3 KB, 58 views)
Scorpio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2023, 17:23   #75
Scorpio1

Hi,

Are there any updates regarding your seats problems? Mine is same as it was earlier, left part of the bottom cushion soften over time little bit, right part is still hard and feel pain in right leg, especially from the part where extender reaches rest of the seat, also feel right foot pain...
Trying to accept that somehow and still trying to configure the seat but as doing it almost a year don't have much hope Great car, poor seat...
Think, beside of lack of paading, there is an issue with stitches and part when they connect with perforated part.
Scorpio1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gel, inscription, pain, seat, uncomfortable