Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ecu wire connection 945 lpt

Views : 599

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2022, 11:14   #1
Hebaristo

Default Ecu wire connection 945 lpt

Hi guys, yesterday I noticed that the previous owner put together some connections on the cables that go to the ecu. Specifically, I had together the cables that reach pins 18 (injector control grounded when the injector are open) with 14 (air conditioner control) and 24 (heated oxygen sensor signal) with 5 (signal ground on intake manifold for control module electronics) .
From the plug of pin number 10 (engine cooling fan-low speed) two cables come out, one of which is cut.
Can you confirm if in fact two cables reach pin 10 of the ecu? Can anyone imagine the logic with which such an aberration of joining cables was made?
I found all this thanks to the fact that as soon as I started the electric fan it turned on and off again and again and the air conditioning did not work for me. I have the connection diagram book, mechanical and basic knowledge of electricity.
My intention is to leave it as it came from the factory, I hesitate between doing it myself or taking it to my mechanic. Very grateful for any comment, however absurd it may seem. Sorry for the language, I use Google translate

Last edited by Hebaristo; Aug 7th, 2022 at 11:18.
Hebaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hebaristo For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 14:32   #2
Hebaristo

Could someone guide me on the marked connector? what number of wires are they? my deck doesn't have it. My ecu is xxx984 for what it's worth.
I am very disappointed with the car, since I bought it in February and I have only been able to drive with it a couple of tanks of gasoline, everything is problems ... Thanks for your advice guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220807_142229.jpg (134.8 KB, 5 views)
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 14:55   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

A 984 ECU is from a 1997/98 940 so someone has fitted a later ECU. I remember someone said something about this recently and to get the electric fan to work in an earlier car with a 984 ECU you have to cut and join some plugs in the ECU connector otherwise the fan won't kick in. So I think someone has done this but it hasn't gone well, I think it was the forum member Rverstegg who said this and provided a link to a Netherlands website that had the information you need. Alternatively you could repin the plug and make sure it is all standard and fit a 1995 940 turbo ECU, I do actually have an ECU from a 1995 940 turbo.

Edit: I'm only guessing yours is a 1995 as you haven't said and the one photo of the wiring says MY95 on it.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 15:39   #4
Hebaristo

My car is from 97, reviewing the color code of the scheme that I have obtained (1995) I realize that some colors do not match. I suspect three options, that I don't have the correct schematic, that at some point they changed parts of the wiring or both at the same time.
If anyone had the wiring diagram for a '97 945 lpt I'd be eternally grateful. I think that few mechanics would agree to repair the mess without a correct schematic. More than in my country this car is very unconventional. Thanks guys!
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 15:53   #5
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Pm me your email address or a phone number for whatsapp and I will send you photos of a 1997 wiring diagram from my green book
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 17:57   #6
Hebaristo

Thank you so much for your help!
I leave my email here since I don't have enough messages to send you a private message lordmadaleno@gmail.com
If you could not upload the file due to the weight to the email, write me to the email and I sent you my phone privately. Thank you again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hebaristo For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2022, 18:25   #7
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebaristo View Post
Thank you so much for your help!
I leave my email here since I don't have enough messages to send you a private message lordmadaleno@gmail.com
If you could not upload the file due to the weight to the email, write me to the email and I sent you my phone privately. Thank you again
I have sent you an email
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2022, 23:05   #8
Hebaristo

I wanted to publicly thank 360 Beast for his help, thanks to him I was able to solve the problem I had been struggling with for months. This is a great forum thank you and I feel lucky to belong to it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hebaristo For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 12:31   #9
Rversteeg
Master Member

Default How?

It would be interesting to hear how you solved it!
Rversteeg is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rversteeg For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 16:25   #10
Hebaristo

The previous owner at some point broke the signal to ground that the ecu sends so that the first speed of the electric fan will jump. He solved it by jumpering to the ground signal of the injectors. With which since the engine started, the electric fan turned on, working with more intensity as the accelerator was stepped on...a wear. You can know this thanks to Luke, who took care to send me all the diagrams of my car, which is from the year 97 (since I had only been able to get the diagrams from the year 95). And so I was able to figure out which wire was which. Thank you very much again Luke. Greetings to all guys!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hebaristo For This Useful Post: