Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Angle gear extracting oil

Views : 553

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 08:25   #1
passenger
Master Member

Default Angle gear extracting oil

Today I will change oil in Angle gear. In VIDA says nothing about extracting 100 ml, just for rear diff 50ml. Dont know should I extract or no?
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 18:35   #2
passenger
Master Member

No ****ing chance. Turbo hose is on the way and clamps are pointed in car directions. No way I can remove hose clamp. Idiots
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 22:31   #3
Peter2400

What year and engine do you have? Mine is a 2007 D5 and i think vida's pic is not correct, because the bolt pattern doesn't match the pic, and there's a single bolt on the rear of the angle gear paralell to the propshaft which look like it's having a washer on it. So i suspect it is the filler hole, and it is higher then the pic shown in vida, so if yours is the same, i think we should extract 100 ml. Hard to reach though, maybe a long 13mm wrench would do it.
Peter2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 01:24   #4
monkeh
Pain in the backside

I used a 12v pump to pump oil into mine. I do the same when removing the oil.
Small pvc pipe and a "Shop jug" for the oil. If it says "fill to spill" I fill it till it spills.
Much easier than messing around with bottles. I assume you must be talking about the plastic turbo hose that goes under the gearbox?
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 04:37   #5
passenger
Master Member

2008 D5 185ps. Yes, parallel to proper shaft is bolt.

Yes. Cannot reach it because plastic turbo hose. Clamps are facing dirextion proper shaft, not down that I can use screw driver. Maybe I will let Volvo do it. It cost, but what should I do.

That's what I'm talking about. Somebody says 100ml out, somebody not. Dont know what do to really.
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 21:48   #6
100K+
Premier Member

Default P2 Halden info.

My experience is with P2 V70 Halden 2004, fitted to awd R. The system has evolved over the years and my system was the 1/16 turn before activation (iirc type 2)
Oil was added/ removed via single filler plug and again iirc there were pressure issues with the unit,which were addressed by fitting stronger pressure valve units in the DEM units and filling to it dribbled then removing 100ml fluid. I never changed the valve,but removed 100ml, and never had Halden issues.
This may be the source of your confusion. I think your Halden will be 2 gens infront of mine as the final Awd R had instant traction Haldex and I suspect P3 volvo got another Halden improvement when launched.
Hope this helps
Cheers Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 22:01   #7
passenger
Master Member

Thanks Bob. Just need to find motivation to remove plastic hose from turbo. That means again rent car lift. I will wait a lil bit.

For rear diff is clear: 50ml put.
Maybe I could change haldex oil and filter.
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 17:49   #8
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
Thanks Bob. Just need to find motivation to remove plastic hose from turbo.
You are confusing the heck out of me - The haldex unit +DEM are surely nowhere near the turbo??? So why do you need to remove a plastic tube from the turbo?? I could drain/refill the haldex with a small bore plastic pipe in 40 minutes. I had lots of practice as I could not remove the filter or pump. due to the flange on the prop. Think in later Haldex they moved location of filter/pump.

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 20:26   #9
passenger
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
Thanks Bob. Just need to find motivation to remove plastic hose from turbo. That means again rent car lift. I will wait a lil bit.

For rear diff is clear: 50ml put.
Maybe I could change haldex oil and filter.
Hey Bob. Dont be confused.

I sad thanks for tip for angle gear (for that I need to remove plastic hose)

Then I sad:

For rear diff is clear: 50 ml (I will do it also when I change angle gear oil)

And while car is up and doing angle gear and rear diff, "maybe I could change haldex oil and filter"

So 3 jobs.