Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Special offer from MRG Chippenham

Views : 45670

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 20:41   #1
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Default Special offer from MRG Chippenham

The forum team have been approached by Ashok with the following offer he has managed to negotiate for forum members from MRG in Chippenham. MRG are a franchised dealership, and have hosted a couple of open days for members of the various UK Volvo forums. I think it's fair to say that they are generally held in a very high regard both by those who have attended these events, and who use them for their regular servicing.

If you want to PM Ashok to take advantage of his offer of delivery of parts to meets he is attending, you can do so here

Here goes with the message...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap
Hello all, following on from the success of the meet earlier this summer at MRG in Chippenham, and the current financial climate which inevitably means we all need to be that little bit more careful, they have very kindly offered to extend an exceptional deal to all forum members on both parts and servicing. As those present at the meet in July will confirm, MRG have not only demonstrated that they are at the very top of their game in terms of their expertise, but also offer fantastic aftersales customer support, and I am very grateful that they have agreed to continue to offer substantial discounts on parts, general servicing and other related work. Parts discounts will vary depending on the item (as a general rule of thumb, more commonly used service items will attract a larger discount) and should any forum member be willing to make the journey down to them, they will offer you the very best deal they can in terms of both parts and labour, for any work you wish for them to undertake (general servicing or otherwise).

For all parts related enquiries, please call MRG on 01249 656058 and ask to speak to Gary. Parts can either be collected from their premises, delivered to you for a nominal charge, or alternatively if I am personally able to attend any forum meets, I will gladly bring along items which have been pre-ordered and paid for, to save on postage costs. If anyone has any questions or would like a quote for any servicing related work, please call MRG on 01249 443300 (option 1) and ask to speak to Simon, the service manager at MRG. In all instances, please do remember to mention that you have been referred on from the forum.

I hope that you will be able to take up this very generous offer and show MRG the very same support which they have very kindly extended to us on this forum.
cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164

Last edited by foggyjames; Oct 22nd, 2008 at 01:14.
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 21:00   #2
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

I can well recommend MRG - their 'normal' prices are very competitive, and service is excellent.
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 17:20   #3
dodgyken
Master Member

I can also comfirm they are a delight to visit. Helpful, and more than willing to shoot the breeze with you while they get the work done.
dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 23:47   #4
flint

Default Mrg

Had cam/aux belt service today at MRG.
Got the contact from the post detailing their good rates etc.
Best customer service I have seen. Best garage I have been to.
Quite a costly service but worth every penny. Got 4 wheels alingned which has made a huge difference.
Was introduced to the mechanic and he gave me the run down of what he was doing. Great guys over there. Very enthusiastic and thorough.
Even valeted the whole car for free before giving me the keys back!
They have a new regular customer.
Many thanks to those who posted the info about MRG. A very positive experience.
flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 14:12   #5
Happning

Smile MRG Chippenham

I've just had the ipod kit fitted to my 08 V70 2.5t by MRG. They did the 1st year service at the same time, all at a very reasonable rate. Very good service.
Happning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 16:04   #6
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happning View Post
I've just had the ipod kit fitted to my 08 V70 2.5t by MRG. They did the 1st year service at the same time, all at a very reasonable rate. Very good service.
Yes they are really good. I used to travel a good 1 hour just to get the car serviced by them. This year if I had not sold my volvo, I would have driven from Nottingham to MRG for the 3rd year service. (Sold the car a month before it was due).

I recommend MRG any day over these large dealerships any day.

cheers
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:52   #7
saufboy

MRG has done all the work on my car for the last year, i live in sussex and it is still cheaper for me to go there than it is to take it to the dealer up the road, can only echo what everyone else says there service and attuitude to the customer is second to none.
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 18:16   #8
volvo2001

Thumbs up Amazing service

I recently had a major service done by MRG.

Volvo Swindon quoted me same service £200 more. What a rip off!!!

I can highly recommend MRG.
volvo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo2001 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 14:56   #9
Sanzomat

Had my 12,500 service done on my 2010MY V70 yesterday. Very pleased, got the discount. They also solved an issue that had been there since new and the dealer who did my 3000 mile check said was "completely normal" - in fact is was a missing bolt on the turbo intake chamber! Car beautifully clean inside and out too. Highly recommended.
Sanzomat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sanzomat For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 14:30   #10
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzomat View Post
Had my 12,500 service done on my 2010MY V70 yesterday. Very pleased, got the discount. They also solved an issue that had been there since new and the dealer who did my 3000 mile check said was "completely normal" - in fact is was a missing bolt on the turbo intake chamber! Car beautifully clean inside and out too. Highly recommended.
What symptom did that cause? Was it just excessively noisy?
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdabuilda For This Useful Post: