Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Articles

Notices

850/x70 S1 Articles How to's and step by step guides on a specific repair or modification to a Volvo 850/70 car.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70/850 7 Seat Removal Procedure

Views : 11638

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2012, 13:37   #1
Paffel
VOC Member

Default V70/850 7 Seat Removal Procedure

As I couldn't find a procedure online to help me remove/install some 7 seats, I thought i'd write one up.

Tools!
- Socket set (10mm, 12mm 14mm)
- Plastic knife (or similar fine prying tool)
- Torx screwdrivers (T25)

Procedure!

This is for removal, just simply reverse all instructions for fitting.

1. I started with the passenger side. Flip the rear seats down (the ones with the 60/40 split) for easier access.

2. Undo the top seatbelt-to-car bolt. 14mm. It will come off with its yellow washer.

3. With that off, you can now move on to the actual seatbelt roller/retractor. At the front of the boot area, on both sides, you'll see a trapezium shaped panel wit 3 holes in it. Pop a prying tool underneath it to separate it, and then slide/pull it towards you to release it.

4. You can now see the roller. In order to get to it, first remove the 2 torx T25 screws pictured, then slide the metal clip off. This is used to secure the 2 attached large trim panels together.

5. Separate the rear seats armrest, give it a good tug towards the front of the car to release the clip, and then lift it upwards to remove.

6. Once you've done this, you can remove the B panel trim piece, between the rear door glass and boot glass. Start at the top of the car, and gently pull it away from the car, until it separates.

7. At this point, I removed the trapezium trim from the seatbelt - there is a small gap in the middle horizontal bar - use this to remove the trapezium piece.

8. Unfortunately the large rear boot side panels also need to come out. Start by getting the speaker cover off, a small prying tool will help here.

9. Pop your hand in between the glass and the panel, and starting from the rear speaker area, work your way along the panel, releasing the clips.

10. With a bit of wiggling, and patience, this whole panel will eventually come away.

11. One bolt for the roller, and out it comes.

12. Repeat for the other side.

13. Remove the boot side panels (get your finders underneath and give it a good yank) lift up the 7 seat, and fold it back all the way.

14. You can also see the seatbelt anchor bolt here - remove this also, and the seatbelt mechanism should now be completely free.

15. Now to remove the seats - This will give you access to the 4 10mm bolts holding it to the floor. Once undone, slide it towards the front of the car and lift it out. At this point, I also removed the smaller boot panel, by lifting it to vertical and lifting it out.

16. Removing the spare wheel shows the seat belt holster (and the plastic dish)

17. Remove the dish, and you can now undo the holster (14mm and 10mm I think!)

18. Which leaves you with a very empty boot and a pile of stuff!

Hope that helps!

Link to original thread

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD

Last edited by cumbrianmale; May 20th, 2012 at 13:42. Reason: link back
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paffel For This Useful Post: