Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gul T5-R

Views : 1764

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2020, 11:47   #11
willi

Do you think the Irish saloon is too higher price? Or is £15995 reasonable for what it is ?

volvo t5r saloon.jpg

Last edited by willi; May 24th, 2020 at 12:02.
willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 08:24   #12
s1monc

Over priced. Surely the prices of Gul’s will increase slowly as very little ever for sale. Saloon seems a lot harder to find. I have Gul and Olive saloons and the Gul definitely looks a lot more special due to the colour.
s1monc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s1monc For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:41   #13
svensktoppen

I'd say the same for an auto saloon, if you talk to them I'm sure they'll drop a bit more. Don't expect a bargain though.

Know nothing about the car itself. Condition is everything, so do your homework obviously.
svensktoppen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to svensktoppen For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2020, 13:51   #14
willi

Quote:
Originally Posted by svensktoppen View Post
I'd say the same for an auto saloon, if you talk to them I'm sure they'll drop a bit more. Don't expect a bargain though.

Know nothing about the car itself. Condition is everything, so do your homework obviously.
Having spoken to them I think I would be lucky to get it for £15500. However, they will deliver.

Then of course there is the import 855 that Motor hub have still got at £7989.

Last edited by willi; May 27th, 2020 at 13:55.
willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 14:01   #15
Gonzobard

I’ve been giving thought to the Motorhub 855. Were I to pay to have all the issues sorted on my R I’d probably have more in it than the Motorhub car. That assumes the Motorhub car needs for nothing, which seems unlikely (the headlining at least needs sorting).
Gonzobard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 14:21   #16
s1monc

I put mine up for £6500 back in February as I realised it was going to be very expensive to mod it for the occasional fun trackday. I could have sold it 10 times over within a few hours. I decided to hang onto it and buy the modded Olive one to muck about with. I was quite lucky with my Gul as out of the blue a previous owner contacted me and sent me about 50 pictures of a 8k underside resto and also fitted a low mileage engine at the same time as the original had bent a rod at some point. The guy I bought it off spent a couple of k on paint and trims. EG new roof trims, bumper tops, Volvo screen, door scrapper seals, side trims, bonnet grille plus other bits.
I’ve carried on with it by re colouring the leather seats, fixing sunroof, heated seats plus a few other niggles. I’m going to pull the headliner out and fix the air con next. If you can’t do these things yourself you can end up spending a fair old wedge on them.
I have never seen another on the road.

Old May 27th, 2020, 14:59   #17
willi

Your saloon does look brilliant. I sold mine in 2008 for £2700.
The problem with imports like the Mororhub car is there are different specs, ie no headlight washwipe. Engine parts may be slightly different and harder to come by too.
The price might look appealing but all is not as it seems.
Old May 27th, 2020, 15:13   #18
Gonzobard

True but mine was imported from Japan in 2006 so I may be living with those different spec items anyway. Mine has previously been converted from auto to manual, so I’m tempted to keep it. The main cost going forward will be the bodywork to deal with some rust and poor paint - as for the saloon above, there is much that can be spent on bodywork. However, I’m really enjoy it as a daily and it will be a long term keeper.
Gonzobard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzobard For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2020, 17:54   #19
s1monc

Quote:
Originally Posted by willi View Post
Your saloon does look brilliant. I sold mine in 2008 for £2700.
The problem with imports like the Mororhub car is there are different specs, ie no headlight washwipe. Engine parts may be slightly different and harder to come by too.
The price might look appealing but all is not as it seems.
Thanks, it’s pretty tidy tbh.

You think you made a mistake selling your Gul for £2700. Maybe make you feel better knowing I sold my 3dr Sierra Cosworth for £6500 and my 3 Saph Cossies sold all under 7k in late 90’s to 2005 ish😭😭😭😭
Old May 27th, 2020, 18:52   #20
willi

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Gosh, your cosworths are worth a small futune now.
I suppose now it's a case of 'you pay your money and take a chance' ...I can't see guls coming down in price any time soon.