Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'97 940 LPT estate £350 ono

Views : 869

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2013, 21:34   #1
popuptoaster
Master Member

Default '97 940 LPT estate £350 ono

I have to sell my car, I have been using it for work and it's just not economical enough and i can't afford to keep it spare while I build up the business. Car is in Essex, near J28 M25, a few weeks ago i drove it down to Tankfest at Bovington loaded up with camping gear with no issues at all, i would happily drive it anywhere in the country with no worries.

BAD STUFF

it has some damage on the rear quarter, this has been there since I got the car and there is no corrosion.

Advisory at last MOT was rear discs and pads a little thin, and they have, over the last week or so just started squeaking occasionally when in traffic so obviously need doing now.

I think the handbrake cable snapped, I haven't even got under there to look at it I have just been managing without it.

Exhaust is a bit noisy, it's solid and wont fall off but i bodged it for the last MOT, cat is on there but other than that its just 25mm pipe, sounded nice and throaty but it has a leak and you can hear that now as well.

One headlamp wiper does not work, rear wash has packed in, the pipe has come apart in the footwell. i fixed it once when i bought the car but obviously not well enough.

It leaks clutch fluid from the pipe under the remote reservoir, should be a relatively easy fix but i have just been topping it up once a week, however it now needs topping up everyday so it needs doing. Clutch continues to work no problem as the leak is in the top so it never really gets much air into the master cylinder.

It's had a double DIN stereo in it that isnt included in the sale so there will be a hole in the dash, it had the premium sound system in it before it packed up so it has tweeters in the dash and rear pillars and speakers in all the doors though.

It needs a service but still runs ok

GOOD STUFF

The interior is pretty mint, it has half leather without wrinkly door panels (although both front plastic door bins are broken) load area carpet is stained but not worn and it may clean up, car may smell of dog as it has been used to transport canines in cages in the back however I have bugger all sense of smell so couldn't tell you, no one has complained yet!

It has blue lights in the clocks and I had the dash out and re soldered all the joints on the back so all the warning lights and clocks work.

Car has a an MBC on it, plus boost gauge plus I opened up the cold air feed in the airbox.

I put a new clutch slave cylinder in when i bought it along with new seals into the master cylinder.

Working Nivomats on the back along with a towbar with fully working electrics

It's never let me down in two years of ownership but i have neglected it so it needs love, it's a strong car though and still drives nicely despite the high mileage. 270k +

Tax until end of September MOT until mid November, will be for sale for a couple of weeks until the insurance runs out as I have no off street parking now, its scrap after that but i can't break it so it will be gone.

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:32   #2
popuptoaster
Master Member

Sold sold