Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking to swap my car for an S40 T4

Views : 776

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:42   #1
DanJ2208

Default Looking to swap my car for an S40 T4

Hi guys,

I am a new memeber who is looking for an S40 T4, and would be interested in swapping my Audi for one. So if you are looking for a change, please read on:

Audi 80 B3 Sport with a 1.8T 20v AEB conversion.

These are rare cars nowadays, and are very hard to find in this condition. It originally came with a 2 litre 16v engine, but has had an engine transplant carried out by Autobahn in Northampton, and now has a 1.8 20v Turbo engine from the Audi A4/VW Passat instead. So it's a classic car with a modern twist.

The car itself is a rare non-sunroof model, which makes it slightly lighter than those with a sunroof, but these are lightweight cars anyway, weighing in at only 1100kg. This makes them handle well for a front wheel drive car, while enabling it to remain very economical. It also comes with the black Jacquard interior, that only the end-of-line sport models come with. I have replaced the front seats with Audi S2 ABY leather front seats, that do a great job of holding you in. I do have the original black Jacquard front seats to go with the car too. The interior has also been updated with the addition of an S2 three spoke steering wheel, and a boost guage. The interior is in excellent condition, as is the bodywork on the car, there is no rust and very few marks for a car of this age. It looks stunning when it's polished and gets a lot of comments from people who want to know what it is.

The car has been lowered on Koni shocks and springs all round, with a -60mm drop at the front and -40mm drop at the rear, and runs on Audi 10 spoke 15inch alloys. A custom 2.5 inch exhaust was made by MIJ exhausts, and makes the car sound fantastic, without being overly loud.

The engine conversion has been carried out to a very high standard, and looks factory fitted. It benefits from the free flow exhaust, UR Quattro intercooler and Carbon air intake, making 171bhp and 180lb/ft of torque on the rollers. If you wanted to, you could run a bigger turbo and injectors with a remap for 250-300bhp, which would make for a very lively car.

The car has a rare Kamei front bumper which improves the overall look of the car hugely. It also benefits from clear front and side indicators and B4 rear lights. Its a lovely looking car, and I often spend time admiring it.

To summarise:

- Quick, light and economical
- AEB drive by cable 1.8T AEB unit, stage 1 map on Stock K03
- loads of new parts - wiring, throttle body, barometric pressure sensor, PCV, inlet manifold, inlet sensor, lambda sensor, clutch, MAF, cambelt and tensioners
- Forge Diverter valve
- Custom made turbo back decat (its a 1990 - no need) 2.5" MIJ exhaust system
- MOT'd till 27 May 2014
- Taxed till xmas
- Good, solid rust free body, original
- Rare Kamei Sport front bumper
- UR Quattro FMIC
- Upgraded speakers
- Alloys and tyres all 100% OK
- Carbon CAI kit
- Custom made 1.8T carpets
- more history that you can shake a stick it dating back to the original sale of the car, its a 2" think book of receipts, mots, work and brochures, very, very comprehensive!

The car has Tax until the end of December, and MOT until May 2014. It doesn't use any oil, or smoke and drives perfectly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch on 07858 900223.

Pics:

I would value my car around £2200, so would be looking for a car around the same value. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Dan
DanJ2208 is offline   Reply With Quote