Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"Alarm Triggered" Msg every morning

Views : 13594

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 27th, 2006, 02:54   #1
volvo4pete

Default "Alarm Triggered" Msg every morning

Hoping someone has had this problem in the past and can help. I've noticed the "Alarm Triggered" msg 8 of the last 10 mornings. No wind or other disturbances that would explain the alarm arming itself. The mystery is that I never heard the alarm. So, I locked the car with the window down, set the alarm, then opened the door. The surprise is that the alarm activated correctly, but, I practically had to put my ear to the passenger bumper to hear it. It was barely audible. The panic button horn and lights work fine when tested. Any ideas? Thanks...
volvo4pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 11:40   #2
Ant77

your alarm siren module is dying, same happened to me. the siren alone is £150, whereas if you buy the alarm siren kit (siren, stickers and more kit) is only £90!
Ant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ant77 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 13:32   #3
steveshaw

Second that.
steveshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 17:33   #4
fasterdad

third that.....pm rufe for a new one.
fasterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 18:08   #5
davew

This link will give you a good idea of whats involved in changing it

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...p?f=11&t=17479
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 12:03   #6
Timbotambo
Been around a while....

I have this problem too, but would the suggestion above sort the problem of the alarm being triggered regularly for no apparant reason?? I have never heard it go off either so will check volume today!
Timbotambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 17:19   #7
Ant77

yes thats right, mine kept going off a work in a secure car park, i could see it hadnt been tampered with as my car is on cctv the lights would flash but the siren noise was very quiet. i bought a pop rivet gun off ebay for £4, and bought the siren module kit from FRF swansea, postage and packing total price about £90 quid. I jacked my driver side up, removed the wheel, drilled out the rivets, pulled back the lining and changed the module, took about 45 mins. dont forget to disconnect the battery before you start work. i didnt need any software from volvo to calibrate it, i just reconnected the battery and now its well loud!! and i dont get the message triggered anymore.
Ant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ant77 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 22:16   #8
Lozza
Events occur in real time

I had a similar problem on my previous 2005 S40 2.0D. I kept getting the 'alarm triggered' message. Sometimes I did hear it go off, others I didn't.
Seemed worse on a hot summers day (remember them?!)

Whilst I never had an issue with the volume of the siren I couldn't explain the messages. Turned out it was the air mass movement sensor in the cabin that was faulty - attached to the rear of a squarish blank looking plate in your headlining, between the front and rear seats in the middle of the roof.

Some were over sensitive from the factory and were replaced under warranty. Have heard of similar issues on the V70 and its in the same place.
Lozza is offline   Reply With Quote