Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

alarm goes off at 4am!

Views : 1396

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:45   #11
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Angry Still Goes Off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukasz Klimczewski View Post
I had the same issue. It's one of door locks. Search for faulty door lock...
Don't try to clean it it will come back fter a while. Safe your self time nd buy new one ( second hand from ebay around 20-30£)

Once micro switch inside door lock get dirty it might gives false signal about opened door to ecu and light inside car turns on! While doors are phisicly locked .
Hi,
I've read all of the posts here with great interest. To cut a long story short, 2 new locks later at full retail for Main Stealer - Ouch! and in cold weather, my damned alarm still goes off at all hours!!! I'm told it's frost forming on the sensors! How the hell do I get round that one??? I sleep with the keys beside my bed. If I just lock it with the key, then of course the alarm is not set, and my Insurance is then invalid! Urrrrgh!
I know about the metal objects (no matter how small) in storage compartment, problem - so don't any more, yet still it goes off! Had fault codes cleared, you name it.... Oh! also had new alarm siren/backup battery unit replaced - NO difference.

Result: Well p'd-off Rob.
'89 740 Estate, '82 240 Estate.
Rob.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 13:43   #12
meyrickt

Look at
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=79998

It worked for me
meyrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to meyrickt For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 19:54   #13
crankie

my 240 use to do the same thing it was caused by the rising sun shining on the ultrasonic sensors it had a sparkrite alarm not volvo
crankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 11:14   #14
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Question Motion Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyrickt View Post
Hi,
Thanks for that, but I've had a good look at the 4 sensors with a magnifying glass, and they all look absolutely fine.
So I'm still left with the idea that frost forms on the (door lock?) sensors (or perhaps some other sensors?) in cold weather. And sure as eggs is eggs, the alarm goes off! Someone said something about the air pressure dropping at night causing the problem? But that was before I replaced the two door locks. Perhaps I should get the other two tested, and if they can't make a circuit, replace them too?!!! ( Hmmmm, but then if that were true, I wouldn't be able to set the alarm, which I can...) Oh I don't know!

Frustrated Rob.
'89 740 Estate, '82 240 Estate.
Rob.D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1998v70, car alarm