Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 2005 2.5T AWD - Testing the water

Views : 1765

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2018, 15:52   #11
DWeed144

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM48 View Post
HO HUM a BOY RACER :-)
Rather negative input, David, especially while in simultaneous conversation with regards to purchasing.
I take exception to being labelled a boy racer, especially by a chap looking for a manual V70 R or, in this case apparently, a budget alternative.
DWeed144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2018, 15:55   #12
SteveP
300 Maniac

Good luck with the sale if you do decide to go ahead
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveP For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 07:59   #13
reggit
Premier Member

It's a shame this wasn't up for sale earlier in the year as I was hunting a 2.5T with a nice spec, rather than a T5 or 'R' as it in my opinion be more suited to everyday driving.

Most of them around seem to be a really low spec, where as this one - Wow, someone went to town on it when ordering from new.

Ended up with a poorly D5 that I've more or less nursed back to health.

Out of interest, what sort of economy does the AWD 2.5T return on a motorway run?

Good luck with the sale.
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 18:00   #14
DLM48
Master Member

Here is a very nice 06 D5 AWD Geartronic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-V70...T/323386051909

that car will probably sell for less than £2,000

GULP sold for £1,650 WOW Had I not already found my V70R AWD and semi committed to the purchase for sure I would have been into that car at that price he he and re-bagged it as a V70R AWD ;-)
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 18:04   #15
ma70
Curmudgeon with a turbo

Quote:
.....I would have been into that car at that price he he and re-bagged it as a V70R AWD ;-)

You Boy Racer! lol
ma70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 23:27   #16
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
You Boy Racer! lol
hardly!!!!!it was not me who said they would leave Audi Quatro's in the mirror

We just sold our lovely MB SL500 which was NOT restricted to 155

How do I know that well with my hand held (sailing) satnav on the passengers seat and with the hood down on an autobahn of course not the local Mway ;-)

When I had enough of the boy racer bit the max speed on the satnav was 186 MPH it was very slightly downhill though :-)
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 23:53   #17
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeed144 View Post
Rather negative input, David, especially while in simultaneous conversation with regards to purchasing.
I take exception to being labelled a boy racer, especially by a chap looking for a manual V70 R or, in this case apparently, a budget alternative.

Hardly negative input I was only telling it like I see it....and as someone what was in the market place looking to find 'the right V70 (R) AWD' not just a commenter!!!

I have driven performance cars all my life and it was YOU who suggested you could leave Audi Quatros in your mirror NOT me

Wrong again I was looking for a geartronic V70R AWD and I have found one as well and with the family pack too.

From our conversations it did seem that you were indeed 'only' testing the water and this car was only for sale IF you could find someone to buy it at a premium price.

Can I suggest that being a manual car your market place is quite limited as most people who want a nice V70 are looking to buy an auto car.

Yes the turbo and the AWD are performance add ons and maybe with a manual box this car will be attractive to the person who wants a performance V70. But with the sate of the British roads and the traffic that has to be a want not a need.

Can I also suggest that the classic V70 is a more involved drive than the newer models and more appealing to the performance driver, sadly nice Phase Three V70R AWD's are now either wrecks or Japanese imports at silly prices or like hens teeth at sensible money.

Can I also suggest that buying an older Volvo you are looking for either a shed at no money or a minted one.

I just purchased a lovely C70 also geartronic for the sunny days.

RELAX and enjoy the forum and don't let yourself be upset or take comments personally, life is too short for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to DLM48 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 12:58   #18
ma70
Curmudgeon with a turbo

Quote:
hardly!!!!!it was not me who said they would leave Audi Quatro's in the mirror
No, but you did hint at sticking a V70R AWD badge on a D5...

I have to mention, I'm posting in good humour here, just to be clear on that. Also have to say, the roads here are certainly not conducive to "spirited" driving if one's car is to last any length of time. It's ridiculous the amount of VED we pay for the roads to be in the state they are. (Clever how "they" avoided this argument by changing the name of Road Fund Licence though, since it's clearly not been used for this purpose for some considerable time even before it was changed to "Vehicle Excise Duty").
ma70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 14:48   #19
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
No, but you did hint at sticking a V70R AWD badge on a D5...

I have to mention, I'm posting in good humour here, just to be clear on that. Also have to say, the roads here are certainly not conducive to "spirited" driving if one's car is to last any length of time. It's ridiculous the amount of VED we pay for the roads to be in the state they are. (Clever how "they" avoided this argument by changing the name of Road Fund Licence though, since it's clearly not been used for this purpose for some considerable time even before it was changed to "Vehicle Excise Duty").
He He that was only so the Audi Quatro Driver would not play boy racer games with me and my D5 Volvo.........

BUT being a badge snob......I find that my about to be purchased V70R AWD has an annony mouse rear end sob sob sob.....but then the boy racers are about to get a big shock if the try to play games at the traffic light GP ;-)

And where I live is beside a big park where the boy and girlie racers congregate most evenings so I do see AND HEAR a lot of them NOT that I would ever be a nawty boi and play games with them.

And YES VED if any firm did what the government does re VED and uses it for other purposes than it's intended 'allegedly' justification, it would be misuse of funds...breach of the trade description act and false advertising but then this lot could not run a bath....and polyticians are a dishonest breed big surprise not...........and of course it is the cooncils job now to maintain our roads OWELL

I tested an V70R AWD on the Cowal Peninsular the other week on single track roads with passing places and it was billiard smooth not in any way flat in fact a bit like a roller coater ride I have to say but the quality of the road surface was as smooth as a babies botty.

OWELL II
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 13:36   #20
SteveP
300 Maniac

All in jest of course but if you've just bought an auto V70R then the majority of boy racers won't have that much of a shock since they're not all that fast by modern standards
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote