Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Recommend a good volvo dealer in the Norwich area.

Views : 903

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2018, 01:26   #1
molsal

Default Recommend a good volvo dealer in the Norwich area.

I am losing the will to live with my not so local ( 1.5 hours round trip) Volvo dealership service department.
Havindg decided to take advantage of the current polestar offer , I rang 3 times last week to speak to the sevice manager to organise a suitable time slot ,or wether they could pick up and drop off as they kindly do when I have a service carried out. Three times I was told he was busy and would call me back, 3 times this never happened .
Today I called again and the only person I could speak to was a sales person , who informed me that they would need the car all day to carry out the work. I know through reading posts on here that is not the case.
So at the end of the month my wife and I are taking a week long break in a cottage not far from Norwich, so I am thinking I could have the optimisation carried out whilst on holiday, I also need a tempa spare wheel ( forgot to specify when ordering ) so the dealership can have that business too. Thanks for any recommendations.
Old Aug 8th, 2018, 09:39   #2
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsal View Post
I am losing the will to live with my not so local ( 1.5 hours round trip) Volvo dealership service department.
Havindg decided to take advantage of the current polestar offer , I rang 3 times last week to speak to the sevice manager to organise a suitable time slot ,or wether they could pick up and drop off as they kindly do when I have a service carried out. Three times I was told he was busy and would call me back, 3 times this never happened .
Today I called again and the only person I could speak to was a sales person , who informed me that they would need the car all day to carry out the work. I know through reading posts on here that is not the case.
So at the end of the month my wife and I are taking a week long break in a cottage not far from Norwich, so I am thinking I could have the optimisation carried out whilst on holiday, I also need a tempa spare wheel ( forgot to specify when ordering ) so the dealership can have that business too. Thanks for any recommendations.
The best place to get it done is M.R.King at Halesworth have used them for many years and find them most helpful .
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 08:07   #3
NickV90

I like Cecil and Later in Bury St Edmunds.... good old family firm. I bought my v90 from them and still travel from Ipswich to get servicing done there. Very helpful. And Bury is lovely to visit.
NickV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NickV90 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 08:09   #4
NickV90

Oh and they are next door to Krazy Horse which is petrol head heaven (and where I get my Morgan serviced)
NickV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 15:46   #5
GJB
Premier Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV90 View Post
I like Cecil and Later in Bury St Edmunds.... good old family firm. I bought my v90 from them and still travel from Ipswich to get servicing done there. Very helpful. And Bury is lovely to visit.
Broke down a few years ago on the A11 taken to Cecil & Later would not even come out to see car just outside waste of time ended up going to M.R.Kings who got a mechanic to look at it straight away.
The Following User Says Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 16:59   #6
Converted

This is probably a bit too far from Norwich. The dealership at Colchester were very down to earth when I spoke to hem before. By far the most polite salesman I have ever spoken to...I forgot his name though
Converted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Converted For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 21:00   #7
Salisbury10

Hilton Gott at Downham Market are very efficient
Salisbury10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Salisbury10 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 23:30   #8
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Holdens in Norwich, Volvo and Honda dealership and servicing. You can walk into Norwich whilst waiting for the car to be fixed.

"Gottys" at Downhan Market is a bit out in the sticks.
The Ridge Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Ridge Rider For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 09:27   #9
Chouchin2003
Craig

Personally wouldn't use Holdens, found them very unhelpful, was looking at buying a new car there and got ignored for 15 minutes. I phoned them up and complained how 3 salesman found it acceptable to ignore me and was told that they would sort things out. They were helpful at first but they quickly went back to be non responsive. Shame as they are my local dealer but managed to get a good deal from someone in the end that wanted my business.
Chouchin2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chouchin2003 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 18:15   #10
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouchin2003 View Post
Personally wouldn't use Holdens, found them very unhelpful, was looking at buying a new car there and got ignored for 15 minutes. I phoned them up and complained how 3 salesman found it acceptable to ignore me and was told that they would sort things out. They were helpful at first but they quickly went back to be non responsive. Shame as they are my local dealer but managed to get a good deal from someone in the end that wanted my business.

Could not agree more total waste of time bought a car from the had a problem could not even look at it for 2 weeks ended up going to M.R.Kings who fitted me in that day.
The Following User Says Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post: