Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trip Data

Views : 7281

Replies : 54

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2019, 18:22   #11
dchbrown

I’ve only been using VOC since October but have done so on Android, iPhone and iPad and it’s never shown the route on any of them.

I wonder if it was an old version of the app that somehow never got updated?
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 20:24   #12
nu11eaf
Premier Member

It's a backward step if it is.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 20:25   #13
WhatNext?

I am on Android and pretty sure they were there previously
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 21:33   #14
s3t0Kaiba

Tap on the map showing A & B, it opens a view showing the route with loads of stats?
s3t0Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 22:13   #15
Whiterdesign
Master Member

No that doesn’t work for me, just wondered if it’s something to do with Google timeline, ie route tracking. As they are now using Google maps it could be picking the info from the tracking data, I don’t have it switched on on my phone.
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 23:01   #16
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
No that doesn’t work for me, just wondered if it’s something to do with Google timeline, ie route tracking. As they are now using Google maps it could be picking the info from the tracking data, I don’t have it switched on on my phone.
This may be a good call for why it is not working for the majority of us.
I have just made the below change in my iPhone’s settings & will see if it helps tomorrow.
Goto - Settings/Privacy/Location Services (Ensure “On”)/Scroll down to Google Maps and select “Always”)
Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 23:05   #17
ISW001

Default Trip Data

No that doesn’t work for me either
Worked ok up until 30 th November but not after then
ISW001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 23:08   #18
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISW001 View Post
No that doesn’t work for me either
Worked ok up until 30 th November but not after then
This may been related to a recent IOS 12.1.x update that resets some privacy options back to ‘Off”. Try my above idea.
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 23:42   #19
WhatNext?

Talking

This has nothing to do with OS of your phone (whether ot not you use the inferior iOS ) 🤣🤣🤣

This is to do how the App is recording data it receives from the car.

Last edited by WhatNext?; Jan 6th, 2019 at 23:44. Reason: Edit
WhatNext? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 00:48   #20
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Well things are probably going to get worse, the Company Wireless Car which is owned by Volvo and provides services to Land Rover, Audi, Volvo and a few others has just been sold to VW. It will soon be VOC gate😀😀😀