Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

#LastEverC30 FS. Polestar T5

Views : 1910

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2014, 18:10   #1
reggi

Default #LastEverC30 FS. Polestar T5

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums here, so thanks for having me. A bit of a hello/goodbye from me however as we are looking to invest and so my pride and joy is up for sale!

I'd love it to go to another Volvo enthusiast, so i've taken the time to advertise it here. It's only on a few other websites and as the ad says, if February and/or summer comes around I wil keep it to enjoy the summer!

Cheers,

James

Here's the ad.

After months of deliberation, I am tentatively advertising this very unique, ‘as new’, Polestar Volvo C30. A limited edition, a once off, unmarked and pampered, R-Design, Polestar tuned turbo 5 - the last ever C30 to roll of the production line.

Being the pedantic sort that I am, the car has rarely been driven on any day but the finest for fear of a stone chip, salt grit or rain. Furthermore I have had Ventureshield installed on all forward panels and purchased OE winter over-mats and car cover to keep it warm and clean. With England's notorious bad weather it also means the car has only travelled 800 miles! The car has never visited a carpark and has never had the rear seats sat in. It is, for all intents and purposes, a new car.

This C30 (or more famously referred to as #LastEverC30) presents as an unequalled opportunity to own Volvos last 3 door hatchback. Not only is it the last car off the line, it comes with all the trimmings - and then some.

• Polestar tuned inline 250bhp 5 cylinder turbocharged engine with Polestar livery and 18 matt black wheels.
• R-Design body kit (White) and interior (Grey).
• Satellite navigation, cruise control, climate control, full leather, heated seats, folding mirrors with ground lights, sunroof, park assist.
• Automatic climate control, LED/Xenon headlights, cornering lights and wipers and dimming rear view mirror.
• Luggage cover/ winter and summer over mats/ car cover/ Ventureshield body protection.

If the V40 doesn't tickle your fancy and you’re looking for something a little different from the regular hot hatch offerings, this could be the car you’re looking for. It’s an amazing machine to look at with throwbacks to the Volvo P1800ES and 480 whilst delivering a modern, aggressive stance. Its interior with superior fit and finish, an exceptional sound system and room to seat 4 adults comfortably makes it a pleasant place to spend your time and its engine with ample power on tap, makes every journey rapid, flattening hills and straightening corners. To give you an idea of the performance, Ford uses a variant of this turbocharged inline 5 cylinder engine for its Focus ST/RS variants.

With a list price of almost £30k, an option list as long as this one and a profile so unique this car is sure to be turning heads and opening wallets long into the future.

I should also make mention the car been treated like a king wherever it goes and I cannot give higher praise to the people of TMS Volvo Coventry who have bent over backwards to see the car, organize a service schedule and conduct its preliminary checkup; a real tribute to the family run business.

I am tentatively putting it up for sale before a trip overseas in February. I am in no hurry to sell this car and as summer approaches I'd prefer to hold onto it and continue to enjoy the pinnacle of Swedish prestige motoring! Therefore the advertised price is 24,500 GBP.

For more information on this car read about the Last Ever C30 on Pistonheads in their ‘Volvo C30 - RIP' article! http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=27839
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130705_151136.jpg (154.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 20131024_170400.jpg (196.0 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 20131024_171053.jpg (256.3 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 20131024_171438.jpg (290.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 20131024_174603.jpg (287.4 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by reggi; Jan 16th, 2014 at 18:17.
reggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 16:45   #2
reggi

It's a hard sell and we now have baby on the way - 21500 GBP.

All serious offers duly considered! Valued at 27K less than a year ago and it only has 850 miles on the clock and has never seen rain.

Cheers.
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 18:06   #3
cheshired5
Premier Member

So it was valued at 27k a year ago and your valuation has dropped 3k in just 3 months since your last post. Yikes.
I think your best bet is to put a 28 day classified ad with Best Offer facility on eBay and see what the market actually values it at.
You'll attract a wider audience than on here and you'll be able to see whether you need to lower your sights or get a bit more use out of it before accepting a reduced figure.
It's a nice thought to sell it to an enthusiast who'll equally cherish it but if it was me, I wouldn't care who bought it, as long as the price is right.
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 20:46   #4
tomhosie
VolvoConvert

Default Invest?

If I could I would. It's an epic looking beast. I agree though, if you need it gone then ebay will be a much wider audience, although I guess it might not go to a Volvo enthusiast they will be after owning it for a day or two surely?!
The Following User Says Thank You to tomhosie For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 15:21   #5
reggi

Cheers both,

Great ideas. The UK market is so fickle. I feel like because the reg plate has a 13 in it that people think its old hat. The truth is there was not another one built later than this one anywhere in the UK!

I'll give ebay a go to gauge interest. Its already on carandclassic, autotrader and pistonheads.

A bit of interest but no one out to see it yet. It will only take one!

Cheers,

James
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 16:06   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggi View Post
It's a hard sell and we now have baby on the way - 21500 GBP.

All serious offers duly considered! Valued at 27K less than a year ago and it only has 850 miles on the clock and has never seen rain.

Cheers.
Beautiful car , but for this to be an investment , the only way to make money from it is to lock it up now for at least 10 years or more 20 would be better , the longer you leave it the better your return ... much like any investment really !
It is probably 2 years old, so on the market will be approx 70% the new price . just like any other car . would have been nice if this was one of
the C30 fully electric cars , you might even be still able to use it in 30 years time :-)
Old May 28th, 2014, 16:47   #7
reggi

Gents,

Quite right. I've choked the depreciation and its up for grabs at £19500 or near offer.

A seriously good deal considering its spec and that a dealer will charge you £18k for a regular T5 with 15k miles on the clock!

http://selekt.volvocars.co.uk/selekt...&VSRType=Volvo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2614905616...84.m1558.l2649

Cheers!

James

Tags
c30, last ever, polestar, turbo, white