Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My20 xc90

Views : 9805

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2019, 18:01   #21
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky13 View Post
looks like r-design gets 20's as standard now
They always have I think? Pro models getting 22s
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 20:30   #22
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Maybe the international configurator we're playing with isn't comparable to UK markets?

If you go on Volvo France's configurator they charge for a lot of things we get for free, so hopefully our models will be spec'd differently when they finally load it into the configurator.

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2019, 23:43   #23
soupytwister
Master Member

The R-Design has certainly lost it's impact IMHO by losing the silver door mirrors and satin silver trim. Much prefer my satin'ed up Bursting Blue MY17 to the new "black look". The black door mirrors don't set it out as "different" enough. It just looks a bit....err....plain?

Bursting blue matched the satin look so well. Just doesn't have the same impact with the black trim and mirrors.

Anyway, horses for courses. It's the usual mantra of a "facelift" to either switch from satin/chrome to black or vice versa across many makes and models in the past. An easy way to set it out as the shiny (or not) new model.

Last edited by soupytwister; Feb 27th, 2019 at 23:47.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2019, 01:46   #24
Quacker
Premier Member

Volvo seem to like ‘plain’. Nobody can accuse their current choice of ‘shades of grey’ for the XC90 of being exciting, uplifting, inspiring, unusual, artistic or invigorating.
Old Feb 28th, 2019, 13:16   #25
steladamo

Although many people do not like the black, most manufacturers on their sport versions of their models they use the black piano to diversify them to the standard ones.

In my case, having a white car, I much more prefer the black accents and wish I have had an option to choose when I got the car last year. But people who go for darker colours, I do understand that there is a preference for the silver accents. INHO Volvo should have had it a a no cost option to choose black or silver satin based on the colour of your model instead of having all silver satin as it was in the past or all black as it will be in the future.
Old Feb 28th, 2019, 13:40   #26
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Volvo seem to like ‘plain’. Nobody can accuse their current choice of ‘shades of grey’ for the XC90 of being exciting, uplifting, inspiring, unusual, artistic or invigorating.
I think they can look pretty artistic and *maybe* inspiring when photographed in a moody Scandi mountain over lake scene!!! :-)

:wq
Old Mar 1st, 2019, 09:20   #27
jonnyu

Can someone please share their thoughts about the practicality of a 6 seat version comparing it to the 7 seat version. I honestly cant understand the big gap in the middle of the rear seats on the 6 seat version. I also dont see any arm supports on the 6 seat version so...am I missing something?
Old Mar 1st, 2019, 09:28   #28
Ringthane
VOC Member

The gap between the seats allows easier access for children to the back row, without having to move the middle row seats.

It was a godsend to have that gap, when my four kids were younger.

Also, I found it made the cabin space feel bigger.
Old Mar 1st, 2019, 09:32   #29
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Can someone please share their thoughts about the practicality of a 6 seat version comparing it to the 7 seat version. I honestly cant understand the big gap in the middle of the rear seats on the 6 seat version. I also dont see any arm supports on the 6 seat version so...am I missing something?
I'm not sure what its all about to be honnest.

What it does provide, which I think depending on your needs could be quite nice, it two larger and more bolstered seats in the back. However, like you say, its missing an arm rest in the middle. I guess it makes the cabin feel a little bigger.

Not so practical when you fold all 4 seats, as you'll have a hole in the middle!

I have a suspicion that it isn't an option that will be coming to the UK though.

Old Mar 1st, 2019, 09:34   #30
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I'm not sure what its all about to be honnest.

What it does provide, which I think depending on your needs could be quite nice, it two larger and more bolstered seats in the back. However, like you say, its missing an arm rest in the middle. I guess it makes the cabin feel a little bigger.

Not so practical when you fold all 4 seats, as you'll have a hole in the middle!

I have a suspicion that it isn't an option that will be coming to the UK though.

I meant to attach this image from the international configurator.

And in fact, looking at that image again, maybe they are not bigger seats?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voila_Capture 2019-03-01_09-27-55_am.jpg (57.4 KB, 37 views)