Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11309

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2017, 21:53   #121
Samrainbow

Just googled the guy, as the dealers were really excited about the car! It's Nick Connor, was CEO of Volvo Uk, now CEO of polestar. He definitely looks after his cars!
Samrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2017, 22:11   #122
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrainbow View Post
All cars are he. Herbie, KITT, cherry cherry bang bang, General Lee....

I've called mine Trevor much to hubbys derision, as he's so clever 😊

He needs a good proper clean before I photograph him. Dealer's valets are pretty rubbish, and the drive from Milton Keynes to Kent in the rain didn't help. I've bought new buckets and a Wookiee mitt, so let's hope it doesn't rain. Just need to find my step ladder to reach the roof!
I'm sorry I forgot that you are a lady driver, now it makes sense, as men tend to call their cars she. I just call mine Volvo, Peugeot or what ever.
Again enjoy your car, and photos please.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 09:00   #123
andyfromembsay

Well my car arrived and was handed over yesterday as expected. Drove c60 miles home and played with most stuff. Data SIM installed so will have a look at that stuff today.

Very impressed so far - looking at the "driver performance" screen I got c39mpg driving home so happy if I get that on a run and much more than that in normal close-to-home pootling.

Will doubtless be searching for answers to many, many things in the next few days!

Dealer had their first XC60 T8 in - very nice.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 11:05   #124
fattylewis

My XC90 has been delayed at least 2 weeks.

Was due to be being built last weekend, in the country yesterday and at the dealers the 19th.
Had a call from the dealer and it hasnt been built yet, expected to be at the dealers 9th october now. Bit of a pain especially as i HATE waiting for things, but what can you do.

Out of interest, does anyone know if android auto can be retrofitted by the dealer? The dealer was under the impression it could be and said he would find out but hasnt got back to me yet.
fattylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fattylewis For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 13:04   #125
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattylewis View Post
Out of interest, does anyone know if android auto can be retrofitted by the dealer? The dealer was under the impression it could be and said he would find out but hasnt got back to me yet.
There's a lot of confusion about this and I'm not aware of anyone having had it done. Most dealers are as clueless about it as everyone else.

What we know for certain is that AA needs two USB ports so any cars with only one port are definitely not able to get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 09:46   #126
fattylewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
There's a lot of confusion about this and I'm not aware of anyone having had it done. Most dealers are as clueless about it as everyone else.

What we know for certain is that AA needs two USB ports so any cars with only one port are definitely not able to get it.
I was under the impression from another dealer that 2 usb ports was only available when ordering Carplay / AA from factory. So that would suggest its a no to be retrofitted. Ill try hassling me dealer again then to try and get some confirmation.
fattylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 10:12   #127
Jcbrown

When I got my first S90 it was "in stock" and only had one USB. I was told AA/ACP could be added, and paid the (exorbitant) £300 for it. Their ordering system allowed it to be added, but I was told part of the AA/ACP package as a dealer-fit option would not add the second USB. The second USB was only part of the factory fit AA/ACP.

When the car was delivered and PDIed , AA/ACP could not be added. Dealer said s/w would not download and they were talking to Sweden about it - at no time did they say it could not be done, or there had been a mistake and it could not be added.

However, before anything was sorted the car went back, never to be returned to me. The second S90 had AA/ACP as a factory fit, so 2 USBs

So I am non the wiser. I was told (and paid for) AA/ACP to be retro-fitted as an option, but never actually saw it working. The Volvo Accessories web site has AA/ACP as a dealer fit option, yet people have been told it cannot be retro-fitted
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 11:01   #128
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post

I think "Neon" had it installed after he bought his car, you do not get the second usb port if it is not factory fitted, the last Sensus upgrade included improved carplay functionality, I think there were issues with after market installs, this upgrade may have sorted them out.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 14:43   #129
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I think "Neon" had it installed after he bought his car, you do not get the second usb port if it is not factory fitted, the last Sensus upgrade included improved carplay functionality, I think there were issues with after market installs, this upgrade may have sorted them out.
I had Carplay as a factory option, so had two USB. Then added Android Auto when it became available at no cost.
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 17:05   #130
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
I had Carplay as a factory option, so had two USB. Then added Android Auto when it became available at no cost.
Ah, my mistake, I knew you had something added later.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote