Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11345

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 18:51   #81
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrainbow View Post
Well I'm sorted! My ordered car is still somewhere in Sweden being tested by who knows what doing who knows what so it's been cancelled. Instead I'm picking up this little lobster on Monday. Cons - it's not brand brand new. Pros - it's more car than I was getting for less money, and I can tell the rubbish dealers to do one! Happy Friday! http://lifeonshow.vo.loscdn.net/1536...U17JXT-e01.jpg
Did you lose your deposit?
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 07:00   #82
Samrainbow

Thank you all! I'm a touch excited!
No, I didn't lose my deposit - I didn't even need to ask, they just refunded it. 😊
Samrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 11:30   #83
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
No, I didn't lose my deposit - I didn't even need to ask, they just refunded it. 😊
At least that was decent of them.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 11:52   #84
pagan8c
Master Member

Very nice car and after a few months it will be as though it was new so no loss. They are a really nice car and my wife loves driving it as well, especially the 360o cameras.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagan8c For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 14:30   #85
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Hopefully a good result.
Enjoy your car.
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 18:29   #86
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Just had an update on delivery, now expected on the 11th Sept.
Well 11th September is going to happen, will ring dealer on Monday and ask him what time he wants me to collect.
What's annoying is that they obviously haven't even received the car, otherwise they would notify that they have it. Wouldn't they!
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 19:46   #87
andyfromembsay

Quote:
Well 11th September is going to happen, will ring dealer on Monday and ask him what time he wants me to collect.
What's annoying is that they obviously haven't even received the car, otherwise they would notify that they have it. Wouldn't they!
So it's not arrived and you want to collect Monday? They need a few days for PDI don't they? Do you mean delivery to dealer on 11/9 (same as me) - then collect a few days later?
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 20:00   #88
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromembsay View Post
So it's not arrived and you want to collect Monday? They need a few days for PDI don't they? Do you mean delivery to dealer on 11/9 (same as me) - then collect a few days later?
I got the impression it would be ready for collection, but I did email the dealer this morning and was told that he couldn't check on the computer until Monday, and he would phone me.
I would have thought if it was on their premises he would have known, surely!
I will just have to wait, I will be happy with Friday 15th, But bloody annoyed if its put back to the original date of October.
I personally would rather not get given a date if it's not a definite one.
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 20:20   #89
andyfromembsay

Quote:
I got the impression it would be ready for collection, but I did email the dealer this morning and was told that he couldn't check on the computer until Monday, and he would phone me.
I would have thought if it was on their premises he would have known, surely!
I will just have to wait, I will be happy with Friday 15th, But bloody annoyed if its put back to the original date of October.
I personally would rather not get given a date if it's not a definite one.
My understanding is there are two dates - delivery to dealer (which is the date in the Volvo system) and then handover to you (which is few days later, depending on how long the dealer takes to do PDI - but 2-5 days?).

So maybe they've been giving you the former when you're interested (naturally) in the latter?

My delivery to dealer is planned for Monday, at which point I begin Operation Nag Them To Death to ensure the lease co and the dealer are good to go on Friday 15th.
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 20:27   #90
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromembsay View Post
My understanding is there are two dates - delivery to dealer (which is the date in the Volvo system) and then handover to you (which is few days later, depending on how long the dealer takes to do PDI - but 2-5 days?).

So maybe they've been giving you the former when you're interested (naturally) in the latter?

My delivery to dealer is planned for Monday, at which point I begin Operation Nag Them To Death to ensure the lease co and the dealer are good to go on Friday 15th.
If that is the case then it should be ready by Friday for collection, I'd be happy with that outcome. Hope so!
Hope your's all goes to plan and that you collect sometime this coming week.
Good luck.

Last edited by bobby2000; Sep 9th, 2017 at 21:29.
bobby2000 is offline   Reply With Quote