Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Where to drill the extra drain holes below dash?

Views : 1862

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 22nd, 2016, 18:59   #1
Mr Otford
Ex-V70 owner

Default Where to drill the extra drain holes below dash?

The forum has a large number of threads about water sloshing around in the bulkead area and many contributors mention drilling additional drains in the area of the front wheelarch(es) and there is one posting of this link http://www.volvocars.com/en-CA/Publi...dshield_CF.pdf (which seems to be broken).

Does anyone actually know where the holes are drilled?

My V70 had the sloshing sound - which has gone - but is now without heater, HRW or heated seats.

Richard
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 20:47   #2
Tim62

I'm trying to find out the same thing, been to Volvo main dealer a few times, they have pictures of where to drill but they won't let me have a copy of the pictures so when i've removed the wheel arch liner, it has been difficult to know exactly where to drill the hole(s) I will be speaking to one of their technicians who has actually done this job and while I had the wheel and liner removed, took some pictures of the inside area so hopefully this tech guy can show me exactly where to drill. I'm surprised that this information is so difficult get, posted a few threads but no joy so far, will post here once i've drilled these holes succesfully, please share if you find out more.
Tim62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim62 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 21:28   #3
Mr Otford
Ex-V70 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim62 View Post
I'm trying to find out the same thing, been to Volvo main dealer a few times, they have pictures of where to drill but they won't let me have a copy of the pictures so when i've removed the wheel arch liner, it has been difficult to know exactly where to drill the hole(s) I will be speaking to one of their technicians who has actually done this job and while I had the wheel and liner removed, took some pictures of the inside area so hopefully this tech guy can show me exactly where to drill. I'm surprised that this information is so difficult get, posted a few threads but no joy so far, will post here once i've drilled these holes succesfully, please share if you find out more.

Certainly I will post pictures if I find out where the holes are drilled.
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 17:56   #4
Tim62

Finally drilled these holes today, water poured out. Been a real pain to find out exactly where to drill, drilled some in wrong place, even with pics it's not that clear.
Once i've found out how to post pics on here i'll try to explain how to go about doing this job to anyone who is interested.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim62 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 18:05   #5
Mr Otford
Ex-V70 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim62 View Post
Finally drilled these holes today, water poured out. Been a real pain to find out exactly where to drill, drilled some in wrong place, even with pics it's not that clear.
Once i've found out how to post pics on here i'll try to explain how to go about doing this job to anyone who is interested.

Excellent news Tim

My V70 is going in to the main stealer for an unknown proportion of the climate control unit to be replaced at vast expense next week. It's hard not to think that it has died because the slopping water has now gone . . .

In the last year it has had the following bits replaced: EGR box, alternator, drive belt and tensioner and wastegate. All that on a vehicle that has barely covered 60,000 miles doesn't make me want to buy another Volvo :-(

It may be that it is now a quite attractive purchase by a member of the caravan haulers association but I, quite honestly, want shot of it.

Richard
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 18:31   #6
Tim62

Maybe your water issue is different from mine? On mine, water gets into the bulkhead due to poor windscreen to body seal, there are no electrics in there as far as I know. Drilling the holes to drain this trapped water is not the cure, the cure is to have the windscreen removed and re sealed. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having but I have found Volvos to be awesome cars although the jurys out on the S80 just now.
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 12:03   #7
Ward2504

I'm struggling to get any sense out of a main dealer with this issue. Has anyone got a diagram for this please.
Ward2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 17:52   #8
Model flyer
Master Member

There is a post on here somewhere with diagrams you need . I checked it out a few years ago when my sons V70 had the problem But the search facility on here is a bit of a tricky thing . Keep looking and you should find it . Good luck

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2019, 22:27   #9
Scalix

Hello,

Do you found the correct info ? I need to drill them on mine as well.

At the moment I am in the process of drying the car and this took time. However I will still have the water somewhere in the front chassis.

Also I noticed water ingress throught in the luguage compartiment by the air vent ! Anyone else experienced that ??
Scalix is offline   Reply With Quote