Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Block from SW Autos

Views : 39195

Replies : 425

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:00   #321
Enigma666
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Since when have i had ashoks engine?

If ashok was to have spoken to sw's after he gave them the serial number on the 19th then Im sure he would have been given the answer.

I have to ask myself, why did ashok direct all his questions at me and expect an answer when he considered stuart to be the one stating the facts.
I never stated you had Ashok's engine, nor did my response imply that...I was simply stating that IF somebody had YOUR property and you wanted it back and that person did everything but answer a simple question, would that not raise alarm bells?

The reason Ashok directed his questions at you I would have thought was rather obvious...if Stuart or SW are not willing to communicate, then the person who 'appears' to be posting on behalf of that company is rather likely to get questions asked of them instead.

Come on mate, this isn't rocket science is it? If you try to talk to someone and they are not available to talk to do you not ask for someone else or do you just sit and wait?
In my experience you would be waiting a long time to get a response from some traders in this world (and before you say it, that was not a jibe at SW or yourself).
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:01   #322
JD.7
VOC Member

Ashok phoned stuart on the 21st. lol
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:04   #323
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma666 View Post
Ashok has tried to talk to Stuart and he has never been avaialble to take the call.
Ashok did speak to stuart (see my quote in the above post). Sw's is a very busy place, so it will often take a few attempts to get hold of stuart.

Quote:
the first request wass still made in October...so even then it's still a month since the first request...still not exactly what you would call customer service.
It wasnt until the 19th Nov that the serial number was given, the engine bits where then found.

pretty reasonable if you ask me.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:11   #324
bobcat
Premier Member

exactly, that person! im being accused of ducking and diving, but im not the one with the engine parts?

ashok said that my views were not that of sw's, so why would then want to communicate further with me?

ringing up twice on the same day (as has been mentioned) i would hardy class as an exhuastive attempt to contact someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma666 View Post
I never stated you had Ashok's engine, nor did my response imply that...I was simply stating that IF somebody had YOUR property and you wanted it back and that person did everything but answer a simple question, would that not raise alarm bells?

The reason Ashok directed his questions at you I would have thought was rather obvious...if Stuart or SW are not willing to communicate, then the person who 'appears' to be posting on behalf of that company is rather likely to get questions asked of them instead.

Come on mate, this isn't rocket science is it? If you try to talk to someone and they are not available to talk to do you not ask for someone else or do you just sit and wait?
In my experience you would be waiting a long time to get a response from some traders in this world (and before you say it, that was not a jibe at SW or yourself).
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:39   #325
Enigma666
Master Member

Quote:
exactly, that person! im being accused of ducking and diving, but im not the one with the engine parts?

ashok said that my views were not that of sw's, so why would then want to communicate further with me?

ringing up twice on the same day (as has been mentioned) i would hardy class as an exhuastive attempt to contact someone.
In your experience in customer service, is it not common place that if a member of staff is unavailable, a message is taken and passed on to said member of staff who will then attempt to contact the customer?

Stuart is not the only person to be busy you know... Ashok is a busy man too and clearly doesn't have the time to ring and ring and ring to try and speak to someone.

The reason Ashok wanted to speak to you (and i'll speak slowly here as you are either uncapable of understanding, or being deliberately awkward) is that you were answering questions (or not as the case may be) and making comments since post 23 of this now epic thread.
If your views were not that of SW then why did you take it upon yourself to enter into a line of questioning that you were unable or unwilling to be constructive in?
You stated that you had knowledge that showed a different side to the story being set infront of us...that would therefore put you in a privilidged position and it would only stand to reason that you could have defended SW (as was your intention) without deliberately drawing yourself into the discussion.

Either way, whether you are the representative, spokesman, a mate, a brother, a son or just a very bored passer by, you have done untold damage to SW's reputation by not simply answering any questions put in front of you or if unable to comment/answer just stating so from the get-go and having nothing to do with this thread!
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 13:49   #326
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronC70 View Post
Pot stirring.

Gossip.

Got to love forums.

Hope you get all sorted Ashok and SW.

Chris
I'll stick with my original comments.

Only those directly involved should have commented.

Chris
3" SW Autos turbo back exhaust - Custom intake - S60R Green Injectors - TD04-19T turbo - MTE ECU remap - BSR Boost Gauge - Powerflex / QBM bushes - 19" Volvo Pegasus alloy wheels - Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red calipers - Volvo S60R front discs - AP Racing Pads - 2004 headlamps and indicators - Koni Yellow Suspension Kit
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 14:10   #327
JD.7
VOC Member

wait till your shafted by SW.
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 14:16   #328
johnt850r

But I suppose that's the point of a forum Chris, encouraging debate.

It is always good to hear the rantings of folk who consider modifications in the Performance car section to be "debadged, rear sun blinds"

Still think it's very sad that two erstwhile mates got to this and that there are so many other folk wanting to use this thread to meet their own agendas.

I will certainly continue to use SW they have never let me down unlike some garages mentioned within the thread.

Like Chris I have said all I am going to so if anyone needs to vent their spleen in my direction they can foxtrot oscar!

Ho hum
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 14:20   #329
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
I decided not to answer as it would not stop there, and really it is ashok that needs to speak to sw's - we will now have to see what follows now it has been posted that the engine bits are still at sw's which has been the case all along.

But as usual, some people wanted to make up theories to suit their own motives. I can hardly see how not answering makes me responsible for others own made up versions of events.
You brought this on yourself. Read your post here. Post23
Frankly your Safrron said, if it was up to Pyaap and stuart you should have left it at that. But instead you went on to make comments about how SW are so busy and in my opinion thats what has ruined your reputation and that of SW auto. This thread is an excellent one for "How to screw up a business reputation. "

Quote:

Because you kept posting with incredible nonsense. Thats why. And if you say something on here, as I understand it as a commercial poster, you need to be straight forward and reply any irregular post/comment you might have posted. I didn't see you doing that BTW and that further aggravated the situation.

IMHO, you are to blame if anyone felt something happened to the engine but the fact this thread shows, you lack common basic business sense and so does SW for not replying here, not calling pyaap back (what no notepads?), taking more than a week to locate parts, sharing private emails with others (this is real sad) instead of using the time to put a simple post here and save his company, wanting part serial numbers when it should have been recorded by SW auto in the first place.

You and Stuart would have lost some customers by this whole episode and this link should be posted in RB forums too... just to see if they think the customer service needs a lot of improvement as I see it or if you are right and NO DAMAGE is done. You want to take a poll on it?

frankly the emails prove nothing other than SW failed in its customer service.

cheers mate.
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 14:20   #330
SaffronC70
aka Whitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD.7 View Post
wait till your shafted by SW.
Hopefully I'll be waiting a long time.

Any little niggle I've had, SW has sorted out.

I wasn't going to comment again, but I didn't like that post.
3" SW Autos turbo back exhaust - Custom intake - S60R Green Injectors - TD04-19T turbo - MTE ECU remap - BSR Boost Gauge - Powerflex / QBM bushes - 19" Volvo Pegasus alloy wheels - Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red calipers - Volvo S60R front discs - AP Racing Pads - 2004 headlamps and indicators - Koni Yellow Suspension Kit
Closed Thread