Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Floor pan shape

Views : 3981

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2013, 20:38   #11
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Bear in mind that the Amazon never had carpets but the original rubber mats do go up the sides.

"Alf", please repost your pic of your carpets with the front seats out. Ta.
No problem Derek.

These are the ones from Brookhouse. I am very happy with them. You get an underlay kit that goes down first. Then the carpet consists of one piece for the rear, two separate pieces for the front, a front transmission cover, the rear seat step cover and strips that go up the sills on the side. I made the kick panels myself out of harboard and black felt. Note the drivers mat is a little too far forward in the pic.

Niveketak, as regards seat webbing, search the forum and you will find loads of threads about this. You can get the original webbing or any alternative seat webbing from ebay or the like will do. It makes a huge difference to comfort.
Hugh.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 07:57   #12
Bladerider
Amazoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by niveketak View Post
Is new webbing available as although this looks not too bad I am concerned the new position might make the wires cut through the webbing.
I got mine from Woolies along with the staples.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-332-...i-webbing.aspx
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:16   #13
niveketak
66 Amazon

Thanks for all the advice and information. The carpets I got were in two pieces plus the heel plate at the back. With the company's agreement I have split the carpets down into 6 pieces to see what was short and what was OK. Turned out only one piece was the correct width and that was slightly short. Anyway the upshot is they are going to remanufacture them to my sizes with bound edges and endorse the new plans with the relative lengths and in particular the position of the handbrake lever which was miles away from where it should have been. They had it at 8 cm in from the front of the rear carpet section which was 10 cm from where it should be just like Alf's in the picture above. It would seem that they have not followed the original pattern of the rubber mats for some reason. Anyway have fitted the 6 pieces temporarily so I could put the seats back in and use it without all the bits of under felt blowing up my nose. Oddly I am very happy with the quality and potential fit of the carpets for what seems a reasonable price. Here's hoping MK11 will fit properly.

Kevin
niveketak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to niveketak For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 11:27   #14
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Seat belt webbing is also supposed to work a treat, less likely to stretch and sag over time. Also handy for lifting things like engines etc as it is strong. It shouldn't be hard to get some old seat belts.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:09   #15
Alf ista
Premier Member

This is the webbing I used. I think I got a roll of it off ebay for about a tenner or so. Good value and worked a treat.

Old Sep 21st, 2013, 12:52   #16
niveketak
66 Amazon

Looks good stuff. The old webbing has gone a bit hard which after 47 years is no surprise. Trimming the old webbing shorter has certainly improved the seat comfort. Does the webbing you got have some "give" in it or is it rigid?
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 14:16   #17
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Looks good stuff. The old webbing has gone a bit hard which after 47 years is no surprise. Trimming the old webbing shorter has certainly improved the seat comfort. Does the webbing you got have some "give" in it or is it rigid?
The type I used has a bit of give in it alright. But even seat belt webbing would give a certain amount and then you have the foam on top. Makes a big difference. My old webbing was totally gone and when I changed it, it was great. Raised me up a bit too.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 15:28   #18
niveketak
66 Amazon

Yes I noticed it made the seat seem higher, seems much more comfortable as well.
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 22:31   #19
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Oddly I am very happy with the quality and potential fit of the carpets for what seems a reasonable price. Here's hoping MK11 will fit properly.
Once it is all sorted and confirmed that it fits ok, I'd be interested to know the source & what the price was, for comparison with the usual sources, since I'll be after a set of fitted carpets at some stage.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 08:14   #20
niveketak
66 Amazon

No problem will post with some pictures and the supplier details when they are installed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niveketak For This Useful Post: