Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Floor pan shape

Views : 3952

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2015, 22:12   #21
jamie
amazon1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by niveketak View Post
No problem will post with some pictures and the supplier details when they are installed.
Just wondered if you were ready to do that yet?

Jamie
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2015, 07:28   #22
niveketak
66 Amazon

So sorry Jamie I completely forgot about it, the carpets were such a nightmare to fit and still don't fit properly I just shoved them out of my mind.
This is going to sound like a copout but at the moment I can't find details of the company, a receipt for payment or anything with the company name on. I had a new computer as a result of a crash late last year and for some reason don't have emails going back that far. I think I know who they were but wouldn't want to blacken anybody's name until I am certain. I will have a look in the garage later and see if the original carpet layout is still in there as I am sure the company details were on that.

I apologise again for not coming back to you. One thing I would say is that I wish I had gone with the Brookhouse carpet sets, people certainly seem to have less difficulty with theirs.

Will get back to you one way or the other
Regards
Kevin
niveketak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to niveketak For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2015, 15:37   #23
jamie
amazon1954

Thanks Kevin, only because I am about to shell out on a set and was looking at all the old threads and came across what you had to say. I take your point about Brookhouse and it did look good in Hugh's car (Alf-ista)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?p=1486968

You'd think for a professional it would be easy to put a pattern together that fits immaculately. Rob Whitton has them on his site but the photos could be better to assess the fit and finish better.

Best regards from Jamie
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamie For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2015, 21:57   #24
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Thanks Kevin, only because I am about to shell out on a set and was looking at all the old threads and came across what you had to say. I take your point about Brookhouse and it did look good in Hugh's car (Alf-ista)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?p=1486968

You'd think for a professional it would be easy to put a pattern together that fits immaculately. Rob Whitton has them on his site but the photos could be better to assess the fit and finish better.

Best regards from Jamie
Hi Jamie, I bought mine from the other Amazon supplier in Suffolk who have supplied me with many parts when I was restoring my Amazon and they have been a pleasure to deal with. However, although my carpets are not bad I always feel that when I see Alf Ista's photos I wish I had got the Brookhouse set. They just seem a nicer fit.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2015, 09:04   #25
niveketak
66 Amazon

Jamie I can't find any bumph at all about which company made them but having seen Alf Istas installed I would definitely go for Brookhouses. Mine were remade twice and the third set was not much better than the first. Only advantage is I have loads of carpet pieces to cut up and fill in the gaps.
niveketak is offline   Reply With Quote