Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fuel Pump Timing D 5252 Engine.

Views : 838

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 7th, 2018, 12:44   #1
Griffon Rolls

Default Fuel Pump Timing D 5252 Engine.

Hi I am new to the forum and in desperate need of help and guidance as I am totally out of my depth at the moment. The vehicle is a 1999 Volvo V70 2.5D AUTO. Engine Designation D 5252 T. Fuel System 15.8 The engine just cut out without warning no misfiring no nasty noises as if I had run it out of fuel or at least that was what the wife said I had done but alas she was wrong I had not run it out of fuel it had achieved that all on its own. Two days later with the vehicle recovered back home the investigation of the problem started. I have the Haynes V70 manual and was aware that it did not cover the Audi engine but assumed that all other detail would be the same or very similar. Wrong assumption is the mother of all well I am sure you know. So no fuse box in the back and no fuel pump in the tank. Then I turned my attention to the injection pump and the pump drive. Once I had the cowl removed the problem was clear. The drive belt was still intact but had no tension on it as the Tensioner Pulley had broken up. New Tensioner and Belt purchased I had wrongly yet again it would seem assumed that when cleaned up I would find timing marks on the sprockets to set the pump timing up but I can’t find any such marks. Now I have trawled around the internet and it would appear some special tooling is required. So now for the questions. What special tools etc do I need to set the timing up and a possible supplier? Is there a manual available that details the procedure and a supplier of same? Any thought as to what caused the Tensioner to break up as it looks to me to be a case of metal fatigue or simply old age but is there another underlining problem? If I have missed anything out please enlighten me.
Griffon Rolls is offline   Reply With Quote