Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Switch off auto locking.

Views : 2132

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2018, 20:51   #1
Naked Overlord

Default Switch off auto locking.

A week ago I unlocked my car, got in through the drivers door and it locked itself while I read something. Today after walking a dog I opened the passenger door to get some water out then closed it to stop the dog climbing into the car leaving my keys on the seat. The car locked itself. To avoid being left in a park looking through the window at my keys for 1 1/2 hours while I wait for an un-amused friend to bring me the spare key again, is there a way of switching off the automatic door locking if the car is unlocked then not opened.

I haven't really checked exactly what is happening but the interior light is working from both doors so presume the door switches are fine, its also unlikely both switches would fail. I can investigate further but would prefer to switch off the auto locking if possible. Is it?

Last edited by Naked Overlord; Jun 12th, 2018 at 21:09.
Naked Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 21:57   #2
gatos
Premier Member

Not sure if it can be done, and if possible, only at a volvo dealership with programming. The auto lock is disabled when the driver's door is opened, but not when any other door is opened. It has happened to me twice, so I usualy open and close the driver's door first and then open whichever door I was going to open. A bit inconvenient, but learnt to deal with it

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 23:41   #3
andy_d
Premier Member

wot he says,, its a case of open the drivers door within 2mins of pressing the remote or it auto locks, i can find no way with vida to set it to off, so If its possible it would be main dealer only ,

(not saying i bought a spare key, cut at a key cutting place and a magnetic box to hide it somewhere under the car where you can get to it when the car locks your keys in it again,, note if you do it Wont have the chip for the imobiliser so starting the car and turning off the alarm will not happen but you can get into the Real key&fob/key as applicable,,and yes that Does compromise the cars overall security a "bit")
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 09:17   #4
Naked Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
The auto lock is disabled when the driver's door is opened, but not when any other door is opened.
The manual says if you do not open "a door or the boot/tailgate" and in the past opening other doors has worked. The first time it happened I had opened the drivers door to get in.

I've got three keys for the car so one of them is going to be hidden somewhere. This time I was close to home but I go camping regularly and am in and out of the car constantly when away so this needs to be easy to resolve.

Last edited by Naked Overlord; Jun 13th, 2018 at 09:24.
Naked Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote