Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your x40 today???

Views : 1072188

Replies : 12937

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 18:08   #12411
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufauru View Post
yes, the fuse is ok, and the heater kinda works, it's like slow to respond to some commands, when you change the airflow, some times is immediatly, others it take it's time.
Do a search for potentiometer in this section of the forum. A proper clean with contact cleaner is the first option before replacing any components.

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 17:51   #12412
trufauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Do a search for potentiometer in this section of the forum. A proper clean with contact cleaner is the first option before replacing any components.
I already did the search, I cleaned the potentiometers with no change, and then replaced them (temp and fan speed), with no change, and after that I connected the VIDA and those errors appeared.
Audi 100 1973 - Trying to get it on the road
UAZ 469 2002 - Beach/Surf Duties
trufauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 23:26   #12413
clarkey1984
Premier Member

This evening I drained 9 of the 12 gallons of fuel out of agent orange and put it in the t4, which I have named sergeant silver, my plan was to use the orange one in order to use up said fuel but the urge to swap over was just too strong. Incidentally, I always thought that anything built mid 90s on had some kind of anti Syphon device built in, yet I was able to borrow one of those pump up fuel extractors and the 10mm plastic hose was worryingly easy to get down the filler neck. I have since read that the t4 is in fact perfectly ok to run on 95 octane fuel so it's in there now. Tomorrow will consist of swapping my aftermarket subwoofer amplifier and associated cabling into the t4, then a deep clean and tidy of agent orange so I can get it advertised and hopefully get maybe a few hundred for her, she's old and at 183k, but she's ferried me as far as Manchester and Bournemouth and many places in between, there's life in the old girl yet.
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:44   #12414
Mastervolvo

Default New Post

Hey - New to the site. How do I post something that I need help with that hasn't been addressed before? Any help would be appreciated.
Mastervolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 19:50   #12415
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastervolvo View Post
Hey - New to the site. How do I post something that I need help with that hasn't been addressed before? Any help would be appreciated.
Just click in the main x40 sub forum --> https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17

and then create a new thread mate

EDIT: You can just click the following link instead https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/newth...newthread&f=17
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 20:18   #12416
Mastervolvo

Default Thanks Clarkey1984

Thanks Clarkey1984.
Mastervolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 09:08   #12417
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Been contemplating whether its time to let my trusty old T4 rest permanently. Its getting a bit old, a bit rough around the edges, has a few odd problems mounting up and its had one hell of a hard life.

Ill see winter out and when the MOT is up in March decide whether it'll keep going or if it time to put it down like the old arthritic family dog. It could keep going but is it just prolonging the inevitable....

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 16:53   #12418
MartinPorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Been contemplating whether its time to let my trusty old T4 rest permanently. Its getting a bit old, a bit rough around the edges, has a few odd problems mounting up and its had one hell of a hard life.

Ill see winter out and when the MOT is up in March decide whether it'll keep going or if it time to put it down like the old arthritic family dog. It could keep going but is it just prolonging the inevitable....
and if you do... the next time you see one over taking you (and you will at some point) the only question running around in you head will be, why the hell did I do that! remember Volvo's are for life not just for driving.....
MartinPorter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinPorter For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 20:06   #12419
ItzClassic

Just a small wee thing I did in spare time:

W5w sidelights in fog lights so It looks nicer when u drive with just sidelights on ✌️
ItzClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItzClassic For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 22:43   #12420
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

I feel ashamed to say it, but I started it up and took it for some air in the tyres and a quick spin, for the first time in over two months!

The V70 2.4T SE seems to really be growing on me and instead of being my weekend car, has become my daily driver. 😐

Because of this, I think the S40 will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Gutted to sell it after so many years, but it will be put to better use if someone else drives it.

Sales post will follow.

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryS40 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bacont4, bananahammock, mp3, mp3s, rubbisht4s, uttergarbage